Chapter 1: I ride the Dead

_________________________________________

Everywhere, and anywhere at a likely separate block area in the city few people managed to aquire an equivalent time of hiding on some debri nearby, but surely those located externally chances of escspe is inevitable - time can never be safe - as snarling growl appears right above a person's head, there those 'things' hanging on a platform, creep the feet of walls sneaking distantly before their victims.

Survivors chuckle, chucking vertically or horizontally at that time, an interuding figure stares in hunger snaring an expression at them so close, the survivor's face morphe into a discomfortable enraged laughter and weeping cry, until finally the 'things' preyed on them, given; no hesitation; no mercy; no sympathy; no respect at all - and by all means no longer a human but a deadly predator for humans.

More bodies of dead people lied rest on the spot of roads and footpaths, there the damn 'things' feast a gourment of appetizers - bodies bathed in blood, meat, and flesh - counting in hundreds grouped with the absolute thirst for human flesh.

While feasting, deafeaning echos hummed throughout the weaving spacious skyscrapers. It sought the ears of the bloody 'things,' shocking a number of them which they took to the skies snaring a tone of enraged vertebrating shouts loosening from their mouths. The very mass of humming passed each group. Until long enough, those sounds became farther and farther, unable to be heard again. Or so reach the next few to listen to.

_________________________________________

A helicopter (respectively pins it's head left and tail to the right) flew across high rising buildings. Inside, the survivors were silent, didn't even murmur a word. The crewman handled by the situation passed by some corners of the spacious gaps, squeezing inbetween, to lean towards the rear pocket seats. He sat down on a closed seat, exchanged with another survivor. There facing him, only to him, the shotgun fellow sat parallel to him.

"HEY!" Shouted the crewman in a good way towards the silent individual, "That was a very good performance back there, where did you train - military maybe."

"....." sighed in response, man clearly was stiff, undeserving any attention.

Not able to start a prosperous conversation. The crewman's curiosity peaked. He was really intrigued by these person's timing and precision, not to mention accuracy.

'Though, unwilling to converse in actual words, a pure conversation couldn't hurt', he thought to himself.

He pushed back, resting on the seat. He then observed the shotgun fellow, with eager profound eyes.

Black short hair, black jacket followed to the neck and waist fastened - buttoned up -, a greyish trousers, and pairs of sports like shoes. His face resembled an Asian. Though the eyes calm and sometimes serious, as in a perpetual motion of regret...... And skin tone mostly peach.

That was the observation the crewman had assessed. Thinking from before and after, seeing as he bent over swinging his arms on his knees.

"Many people didn't know what the world would go through in a precautionary state handled like this. Life is ever changed, and life throws whatever it has in store for us, " the crewman continued changing to a more comfortable topic tone, calming the silence.

He projected his head up and down, smiling with a poker face, " but hey, the military I've heard say is quite operational, and thats the things some of us came from. As if it was a coincidence - right, hahahaha..," right before laughing unintentionally by  sheer trend of words.