15: Guilt-ridden

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person POV

Jungkook was sitting near the blue-haired, his hands having a gentle grip over the latter's wrist, trying hard to tame his other side and do something, do something for the only human, present in the whole pack, in the condition the same side was responsible for. But he wouldn't deny blaming himself. After all, it was his side as well, he should've done something.

"Get aside!" The strained yet very stern voice of his mother made him bite his lips and get up unwillingly. Jeon Suhee had a deep frown of displeasure that turned into a full-blown terror when her gaze fell on the spent human.

"JUNGKOOK!"

"I'm sorry, I- I don't know how it came out so abruptly." Suhee ignored his words and just made quick steps toward the blue-haired, softly taking his wrist to check his condition, only to panic more.

"All of you, get out." Without glancing back at the males standing there, she ordered to which all obliged involuntarily except Jungkook.

"I said, all of you." She pressed more, but Jungkook wasn't ready to go away, not when his mate was on the edge of going away forever just because of his own carelessness.

Jungkook shook his head lightly, feeling utterly bad for denying his mother for the first time, but he couldn't just control his own heart at that moment.

Suhee wanted to burst out at her son, but the rapidly falling rate of heartbeat begged for her attention, rendering her silent as she gazed back at the human before shutting her eyes and mumbling something under her breath.

Jungkook bit his lips, recalling the scene he witnessed after coming back to his senses.

He was busy fighting against the werewolves who disguised themselves as omegas but were alphas. They used something to mask their scent and ranks. It wasn't like Jungkook believed the southern pack, but it was a bit sudden. Even when he was prepared, the cowards attacked the omegas of his packs, not even sparing the few from the southern pack as well.

Amidst the chaos, he momentarily forgot about the human, believing that he was safe inside his house as far as he won't let anyone slip there. Little did he know that someone was sneaking out when a group made him too occupied for a little moment, definitely a well-made plan. Just when he was done with the attackers, he felt it, he felt his human going away from him.

The pack was under control, and his wolf was literally dragging him to the place where his human probably was. Rushing to the house, his blood boiled when he saw the broken barrier and his mate gone. The rest was a blur when he shifted within seconds, trailing behind the track of his mate's scent, only to find him over someone's back, causing his wolf to take complete control.

After that, when he was fully conscious, which also happened when the scent of his mate was spreading mixed with the stench of blood, Jungkook managed to defeat the side he never did before and took full control back over his body only to fall in the deep well of regrets.

The ethereal face of blue-haired had blood, his own blood, his heart was beating slower than it should be, and his twisted foot was enough to make a loud crack in his own heart because it didn't take long to understand that he had done it. His untamed, harmful side did damage to the fragile soul, and maybe he would never be able to forget or forgive himself for that.

He could be a werewolf, but he wasn't a beast to hurt someone unarmoured and less powerful, human was far from that. At first, he injured a human, also his own mate was now hurting him more than anything else.