0

CHAPTER TITLE: EXECUTION

Praise the Lamb, conduit to great power, promised liberator of the One Who Waits below.

HERE YOU ARE ON DEATH ROW, for something you did not realise was a crime.

Let's take a step back for a moment.

You are a, correction were, a simple villager in a simple village with no name, simply known as 'Home' by the residents. It was rather accepting, allowing those of all followings; of Heket, Kallamar... the main four. They allowed for minor ones as well, lesser known and lesser believed- those with none or limited sightings. Such as the Fox, as Sozo, as the inanimate Lighthouse. And such as the beings closest to the Bishops- the Witnesses Agares, Astaroth, and the like. Despite this, the village was still small; only ever reaching a maximum population of 25. 

They allowed everything and everyone; bar one.

The One Who Waits.

Death incarnate, the being of darkness himself; forbidden to speak of in name or mere suggestion. Any caught speaking of or worshipping him were banished, or worse- a fate worse than you could ever begin to imagine. A fate worse than death itself.

Around a week before your current... situation, you were sitting in your little home, minding your own business. It was near sundown. Then there was a knock, and your decision to open that door and allow the Lamb into your home was the decision that sealed your fate.

He begged you to let him stay, that his family had been killed and he was terrified that he would be next. And you, poor, poor you; you let him stay. 

He never went outside, instead helping keep your home clean and doing small tasks for you. You talked, you laughed, it was nice. 

It was early morning when you and the Lamb had been torn from the home, the place ransacked and meaningful trinkets smashed. Dragged out and chained by followers of the Old Faith, both of you were lead into the unfamiliar forest.

Yet sacrificial beast, take heed; for a Crown cannot sit upon two brows.

You ended up at one end of a long stone path. Standing close to the Lamb, your hand reached for his. He flinched, but squeezed it.

We'll be okay. It seemed to say. We'll be okay.

I hope so. You squeezed back, beginning to walk as you tried to ignore the jeers and threats from the surrounding followers. I hope so.

a.n.: very very short but next will be longer. honestly shocked that people are already reading and saving this to their libraries