Story

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!"

Jessica grasps the alarm and throws it across her room. "Stupid alarm."

Jessica groans at the sight of the stormy clouds coming in through her small window. She then gets up out of bed and ambles her way into her bathroom that probably only fits one person.

"I really want a coffee." Jessica mumbles as she brushes her teeth and gargles mouth wash. Grabbing her t-shirt from her dirty hamper quickly putting it on.

"One more use wouldn't hurt." She then slips on her shoes and grabs her coat on the way out of her small apartment. Jessica then locks up and heads out of the apartment complex.

"I could really use a car right now or an Uber, but I'm really broke."

Jessica opens her phone to check her bank "shit."

Turns out she only has three cents. "SHIT! I really need a coffee and it's already starting to rain!"

Jessica stomps on the wet concrete as drops of water land on her forehead.

"Miss! Do you need some help?" A grown man with honey brown hair and green eyes that pierce Jessica's soul with a very exquisite suit that shows his muscular parts, making Jessica feel underdressed with a dirty t-shirt and leggings.

"Um..."

Jessica fumbles her words, "N..no thanks I.. well I need some coffee and I don't have enough money and it's gonna start raining soon and life sucks right now so yes, I need help."

Jessica takes a quick glance at the grown man and feels butterflies in her stomach. His green eyes are like emeralds. "Well, I can take you if you'd like. My name is Blake, by the way."

He extends his hand to shake Jessica's hand. As she goes to grasp his hands, she feels the softness of his palm.

"I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you. We can go to the coffee shop around the corner if that works for you?" Jessica said with a small grin.

"Yeah, that's fine, so what do you do?" Blake says, beginning to walk towards the Coffee Shop. Jessica follows along.

"At the moment, unemployed, I got fired from my last job. How about you?"

Jessica glances at Blake and notices a tattoo behind his ear beneath his fresh fade.

"I'm an entrepreneur. As you can see, my business is working." Blake smiles at Jessica.

They slowly make their way to the Coffee Shop.

"It's going to rain cats and dogs later. We might have to stay inside this Coffee Shop for a few hours until the rain stops." Blake says as he checks the weather on his phone.

Rain starts pouring out of nowhere and now Blake and Jessica are running into the Coffee Shop completely drenched.

"Well, my phone's weather app is completely wrong now we're all soaked!" Blake exclaims.

"Well, at least we arrived," Jessica said.

Making their way to the register to order a coffee. Tall women with loose blonde hair in a ponytail tap on her register and tilt her head and smiles at Jessica and Blake.

"What can I get you for today?" She stated.

Jessica glances towards Blake, wondering what he's going to get.

"I'll get a large hot coffee, no sugar or cream." Blake takes a look at Jessica for she can order.

"I'll have a caramel ice latte medium," Jessica says.