foreword

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello and welcome (back) to No Sparks Required!

This story was my very first online. I wrote it back in 2010 (I know, time flies...) on another writing platform, before I published it to Wattpad on my previous account: audreyed. This story, along with four others, had been unpublished to drafts when I moved to this account.

Despite the many requests I've received to republish this story over the years, I've always been hesitant to. There's a perfectionist part of me that really wants to rewrite it to match the current quality of my other stories. But in recent years, I've come to see that there's a certain freshness and authenticity that I'll never be able to recapture so vividly, if I were to rewrite the stories that I wrote in my youth.

So I've brushed off this old story from my drafts, made some very minor edits to match the timeline of the second universe, but otherwise left the rest as they were. It's got a bit of a retro vibe to it, like going back in time to revisit the early 2000s, you know?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy No Sparks Required: the original, à la 2010!Noelle.

x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NO SPARKS REQUIRED

had to be you

#2.1

series two . book one

NO SPARKS REQUIRED || the cinderella deception || notorious || knight in distress || it takes two || forget me not || bringing back brielle || miles away || here to stay

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

no sparks required was originally posted on audreyed. this is the full and original version, with only several edits to match the timeline of the series. it is not necessary to read any of the other books in the series to understand this one.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

for the one

who was my first fan.

i never would've come this far

without you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

sorry I waited for the rain.

– a cinderella story (2004)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It started with a Chemistry lesson.

Or, perhaps, it began years earlier; when Beverly Stanton was still best friends with that geek Shane Corelli. They were inseparable, he was her closest confidant and she – well, she was in love with him.

Until high school happened and suddenly, Beverly finds herself on one end of the popularity ladder, leading her quiet, drama-free life; with Shane on the other end as the most popular, sought-after guy in school.

But when the two are forced to pair up for chemistry, she soon realises that beneath that egotistical, cocky façade lies a boy who'd do anything to win her friendship and, maybe, her heart.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

this story contains  sexual references, swearing and trigger themes.

read at your own discretion.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

shane corelli || dylan o brien

beverly stanton || nina dobrev

you can find the aesthetic boards for Notorious on my pinterest (hepburnettes) under the board 夏《summer》.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

sparks fly || taylor swift

what makes you beautiful || one direction

problem || ariana grande . iggy azalea

stolen || dashboard confessional

teenage dream || katy perry

you can find the full playlist for Notorious on my spotify (hepburnettes) under the playlist riverdale.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

contact or follow me on any of these sites:

hepburnetteswp || instagram || facebook

hepburnettes || pinterest || spotify

noelle n. || amazon || goodreads || ibooks || smashwords

  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Copyright © 2010 Noelle N. All rights reserved.