Chapter 1 - Niall's POV

hey guys! :D okay so I'm going for it! Please bear in mind that I haven't written in forever, so this is probably gonna suck a little bit.
PLEASE LIKE, VOTE AND COMMENT

Anyway, let's dive in!

******************************************

Niall's POV

It was my duty in helping take car of the kids to pick them up from school or daycare and then make dinner whilst Harry helped them with their homework and got them ready for bed. We usually got home at around 5pm.

When I did get home today, kids in toe, Harry was nowhere to be see.n, I figured that he was probably caught up at work and didn't think too much about it.

"Connor, can you and Adrianna please start your homework, you can do it in the kitchen and ask me if you need work or anything" both kids obeyed with a "yes Pa" and started spring their work. I decided to make a simple stir fry for dinner, that way it would be easier for me to help the kids and not burn anything.

At 5:15 I started worrying a little bit about Harry and checked my phone for any messages. Nothing. A loud cry interrupted me from my thoughts. "Pa, Connor is stealing my pens!" I sighed and chuckled, the joy of having kids. It was something new everyday. "Connor stop holding your sister's stationary hostage" I heard a whine come from the boy. "Yeah! But she was kicking me 5 minutes ago and you didn't say anything about that." I sighed again, this is why this was Harry's department, I don't enjoy conflict.

"It doesn't matter, you're the older one and therefor you're more mature and should know better, now give it back" I watched the boy huff but give Adrianna back her pens. the girl let our a victory exclamation, but my glare in her direction quickly silenced her.

I wouldn't say that I was the stricter parent, but Harry was far more relaxed about discipline than I was, so I suppose that it appeared that way. It was a little annoying when the kids were upset with me, but there was nothing I could do.

By 6:30 dinner was ready, but Harry still wasn't home. I had sent him 2 texts all consisting of the same words "Harry where are you?" I was worried but I couldn't let the kids see that.

"Pa, where's Daddy?" Audrey asked tugging at my pants leg. "He's busy, but he'll be home soon I'm sure love" I picked her up and took her to the table, we'd have to have dinner without him. At 7:30 when it was bath time for Audrey, something that was again Harry's task, I had to do it.

I ended up completely soaked with her bubbles, but at least she was clean and ready for bed. "Pa please read me a story" I chucked and made myself comfortable on the bed and began reading to her. At the beginning of the year we began reading Harry Potter to her and she really liked it, proof that she was ours. At 8:30 she had drifted off to sleep, I gave her a kiss, turned on her nightlight and left her to sleep.

When I got to the living room Connor was playing video games. "Connor is your homework done?" He didn't even look at me before answering. "Yeah Pa. Is Dad still not home?" It hurt my heart a little bit knowing that the kids kept asking, I mean i know they were worried but I also just felt inadequate now. "No, he's not. Come cuddle me?" I asked as I made grabby hands for my son.

He did look at me this time before rolling his eyes. "Okay" I think he could tell that I was upset. It wasn't like Harry to leave us all worried like this, he would have at least sent a message by now. Connor settled in my arm and we stayed that way until it was 9:30. "Go get ready for bed now love" I poked Connor lightly. He looked like he was ready to sleep now, and honestly so was I, but I sadly couldn't sleep.

Once Connor was sleeping I pulled out my iPad and began to do work. I had a tough day playing both parents this evening and I still had work to do. At 11:00 I had sent Harry at least 5 messages and phoned him just as much. I decided just to continue waiting hopefully he was okay.

******************************************

Hey guys :) I finally know what direction im heading in with this story :D

This is officially chapter 1, any thoughts ?? Please comment and let me know what you think xx