Chapter 18 - Good Evening, Miss

All you could think about as you woke up was tonight.

You couldn't help but wonder what kind of decorations Emily would choose for it, knowing she was one for being creative and imaginative. Would it be a winter wonderland theme or something more festive and colorful?

You also found yourself pondering what you would wear for the occasion. You had brought a plethora of dresses with you to the Valley, as you indulged in retail therapy a lot whilst living in the city. You rummaged through the hangers in your closet. You had one specific dress in mind. There you saw it, a halter neck navy dress, satin material. You ran your fingers over its curves and took it out of the closet. You held it up to your figure in the mirror. You had originally bought this dress for an after work event, but this occasion seemed much more fitting and also a lot more fun.

As the day wore on, you found yourself counting down the hours until the event. You were eager to have fun with your friends and dance the night away, but part of you was also excited for Harvey to see you dressed up. All in all, you were certain it was going to be a night to remember. You promised to yourself to not get too drunk so you could remember everything the next morning.

Finally, evening fell and you started to get ready. You chose to do a minimal glamour makeup look, adorning a red lip. You curled your hair and powdered your cheeks. You looked a far cry to your normal attire of overalls and muddy boots. You wrapped a jacket around your shoulders and headed for the door, slipping on your patent heels. You hadn't looked so glamorous since the city, and you realised how much you missed feeling this way.

You stepped out of your cozy home, bracing yourself for the chilly night air. The crisp winter air made you shiver as you made your way down the street towards the saloon. As you approached the building, the warm glow of the lights from the windows beckoned you inside.

You pushed open the door and stepped into the lively atmosphere of the saloon. The sound of chatter and laughter filled the air as you made your way in. Emily rushed up to you, giving you a massive hug. You returned, squeezing her in her red sequin dress.

"I'm so glad you came!" She beamed, holding your shoulders. "You look stunning my darling!" She exclaimed. "You've outdone yourself Em!" You beamed, stunned by the way Emily had decorated the saloon and given it a new life. Others noticed you come in, some looking visibly shocked of how well you scrubbed up. You walked over to greet Robin, then Gus who was happy sipping his whiskey with Mayor Lewis, then finally Haley and Leah who both complimented how gorgeous you looked. You felt loved.

Haley's dress was gorgeous. The light pink mini dress complemented her complexion perfectly. Her hair was styled in loose waves, and she had added a pink of colour to her lips too, making her look even more pretty.

On the other hand, Leah had opted for a more classic look, wearing a matching blazer and trousers set in a dark brown hue. She paired the outfit with a simple white blouse and black pointed-toe heels, completing the look with a sleek ponytail and subtle makeup. The overall look was stunning, and reminded you of your days working at top offices in Zuzu City.

"Honestly, we need more nights like this." You mentioned. "We do!" Haley beamed, "I love dressing up like this!"

"I used to dress like this in the city, but those days are over." You added. "What did you actually do in the city?" Leah asked, realising you hadn't really told anyone about your life before the valley.

"I used to be head of social media marketing for a few companies, I jumped from one to another." You casually explained, not wishing to discuss all the details. "Was it hard?" Haley smiled, taking a sip from her cocktail. "Not really, you basically follow the same plan every time, you just change it depending on the campaign."