Breaking own boundaries?

Amukelani's POV

"Uright lerato laka?" asks Mihlali. (Are you okay my love.) "Ngiyaphila wena sthandwa sami." I answer. (I'm good and you my love.) "I forget you a zulu girl." "And a proud one at that." "Okay proud zulu girl." "Sometimes i forget you a mix of xhosa and tswana because you hardly speak any of the languages." "Yes but I'm a proud tswana girl." "Why didn't they make your tswana name come first before Mihlali?" "I don't know."

"I would have loved it if it was your first name." I say. "When i introduce myself I would be Peloyame Mihlali Modise." she said. "I'll start calling you Pelo." "And I'll start calling you Sihle." "No don't do that." "Moes your name is Simesihle." "I am aware of that but just don't." "You don't like it." "Named after my grandmother." "Do you get along with your grandmother?" "No its not that it's just that I don't like the fact I was named after a person. What happened to uniqueness?" She laughs.

"How was the meeting?" she asks. "It was okay we've come up with some sort of a plan and guess who came up with it." I say. "Who?" "Your baby daddy and my baby daddy." She rolls her eyes and laughs. "SimphiweyiNkosi is my fiance." "I never said he wasn't and kahle kahle his not cause he hasn't paid your bride price to me."

"Umuntu wami bamu thintithe iskhwama." she says. (They emptied my man's pockets.) "Well he was supposed to budget properly cause he knew you are not cheap." I say. "Hai wena don't call him baby daddy at least the father of my children." "That's too long." She rolls her eyes. "Anyways your baby daddy came up with the idea too." "Yeah he did." "So you finally acknowledge him as the father of your child."

"His been the father of my child the day we conceived our daughter." I say. "Have you told him yet?" she asks. "Nope." "When will you tell him?" "I don't know but someday when I'm ready." "And when is that?" "Ek weet nie." (I don't know.) "But you gym together so you can just blurt it out." "I know I can but if I do he will drop one of the dumbles on me and guess what I'm dead." She rolls her eyes.

"You so dramatic." she says. "Whatever but I'll tell him in a few weeks time." I say. "Mmm. You can't let him hear from other people because the chances of him giving you a chance to explain would be zero." "I know hence I said few weeks and not months." She laughs. "Hai ke let me leave you to work." "Mmm leave me alone." "Sizokhuluma." (We will talk.)  "Sharp sthandwa sentliziyo yami." (Love of my life.) She blows me an air kiss and i catch it.

She stands up and leaves and i start with my research of my most recent case yaka Mpilowenhle. The bail hearing went well and now the trial begins. She says that she has nothing to do with her child's death and i believe her. Her child was ten months old when she died and the cause of death was ruled as drowning. She said that on that day she was home alone with her daughter and she decided to bathe her. She didn't add a lot of water in the tub because she knew she wasn't going to let her bath for long.

After bathing they both played in the tub and then she stood up to go get something and when she came back she found her baby's lifeless body floating so she called the ambulance and unfortunately it was too late. I don't know much about these stuff but I heard its easy for a baby under the age of 1 year to drown in a bath tub.

I'll need to google more information about that. I start prepping the questions I'll be asking the coroner and the police that were on the scene. Maybe I should ask the coroner about that and see if he or she will be able to answer me. I get a call from my brother and i answer it.