19: Rash acts

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person POV

The rustling was loud enough in the eerie silence of the almost deserted area that made Jungkook jump at the intruder in an instant, only to frown when found a blank-faced Yoongi staring at him.

"What's wrong? I sent you to the pack because of Jimin. Why are you back then?" The other alpha stared around, noticing Jin and Namjoon patrolling the area at a distance with many other alphas of their pack.

'I need to talk to you about something important,' Jungkook's frown deepened at the sudden mind link, but he knew that it would be really important when the other completed his words.

'Alone,'

Nodding in agreement, he called for Namjoon to tell him about his short walk for now, to which the latter assured of his sharp gaze around and not to worry.

Yoongi led the way, taking both of them to the area, which was far from the borders as well as from the pack. Even when he knew that his upcoming words could agitate or even trigger Jungkook's wolf, he was adamant about his decision to talk it out for the poor human suffering silently in the room. After making up his mind, he wasted no time and was there in the same evening to talk to Jungkook, with a small hope that his friend would hear him out instead of his sire.

"What is it? Is mom alright?" Jungkook again started, finding it rude to invade Yoongi's mind.

"Yes, she is doing well. Everything is good in the pack, but..."

The pinch in Jungkook's brows deepened, his mind alerting him silently when he noticed the faint scent of his mate on Yoongi.

"I may sound rude or like an intruder in your personal life, but I'm here as your friend, as your hyung, not as your subordinate." The soft words hold a deep meaning, and now Jungkook was getting sure of the topic.

"You can tell me anything, hyung." Hearing the word, Yoongi's lips lightly curved up.

"Thank you, Jungkook, for calling me that. It reduced a huge weight down my soul." Jungkook lightly smiled and trudged to the nearest fallen tree and patted the wood for the older to sit after plopping there.

"How is Jimin? He must be tired away from you." Yoongi chuckled lightly because it was a bullseye.

"He is always gloomy whenever I'm away." The sad glint in Jungkook's eyes made Yoongi bite his lips.

"Mate bond is too precious, you know. It makes you feel everything about your other half, everything..." The silence fell between them before which Yoongi shuffled and faced Jungkook.

"Taehyung is hurting." Only the name of his mate was enough to make Jungkook whip his head in the direction of the male with his eyes filled with melancholy.

"He is barely eating, drinking, or even resting." He continued, tugging the loose thread of his sweater.

"Jimin told me that he sleeps for one or two hours before waking up, afraid." Even in the evening light, he can clearly see how Jungkook's expression twisted in pure concern.

"He is always afraid, even of Jimin... the person who has been taking care of him since he came here. Our type - we have terrified him, and the effects are beyond worse."

The facts sounded very harsh, and both of them were aware of the stabbing reality. They all were well aware of the reaction from a common human after heinous bloodshed.