2. First Meet

"Hi" Maitri came rushing trying not to embarrass herself by falling flat on ground due to her lack of stability. Aryaman who was drinking coffee sitting at the window peacefully, looked up to find a girl dressed in baby pink skirt paired with black plain t-shirt, with her hair wrapped in a low messy ponytail.

 Aryaman who was drinking coffee sitting at the window peacefully, looked up to find a girl dressed in baby pink skirt paired with black plain t-shirt, with her hair wrapped in a low messy ponytail

"Hi, am Maitri, you must be Aryaman?" She sat opposite to him and placed her purse on the ground, near her legs.

"Am so sorry am late" She didn't give him a chance to speak at all and continued talking. She indicated towards a waiter so he could take her order.

"You had lunch?" She asked him but noticed that he had only been drinking coffee so ignored it.

"Veg maharaja and Pudhina naan chalega?" She asked as she gave the waiter her order and then thought she won't be able to finish all of it by herself so sharing wouldn't hurt. He nodded his head looking at her wide-eyed.

"The 2 Veg Maharaja, 2 butter Pudhina naan, you like chaas? Its hot outside, you'll drink?" She again looked at him questioningly but receiving no answer from his shocked self she ordered 2, one for her and one for him.

"Ma'am starters?" The waiter asked politely.

"Umm, some other time, bring main course fast please. Am starving" She said smilingly. The waiter forgot to ask Aryaman's order due to her smile and walked to the kitchen to give the order.

"So?" She turned to him properly.

"I am Maitri Rathore, I am here for vacations otherwise I live in America, work in one of the branches of Ranawat Enterprises. You can't really say work but ehh, its my last year as an intern there. Incase we get married, I am not going to shift to India, I like my lifestyle in America more. Here... its fun but I love my independency in America more" She started ranting without giving him a single scope of speaking. He simply listened to her waiting for her to take a breathe so he could speak but his turn never came.

"This informal meeting, I know am the one who asked and then turned up late but you can't really blame me, there was so much traffic. I left home like an hour back and then the Rikshaw wale bhaiya was trying to loot me so I had to bargain with him. He thought that just because I look new in the area he could take advantage and charge me more, huh? My money is my heard earned money, aise thodi na kisiko dedungi. So it took more time in that. Main point is, am sorry" Aryaman observed the way her emotions changed with her every sentence. A small smile started forming on his lips watching her talk animatedly with her hands.

"Next point, this informal meeting was because...see am sure you've read my biodata. I was given yours but I threw it away. Think about it, how can I judge you with things that are written on a piece of paper. If we are going to spend life together than I should know what kind of a person you are, what your personality is like. Looks, is just for the outer world, I really don't care if even a Greek God came and sat here asking for my hand in marriage, I want a man who has a personality and is good in nature. Am sure you too must have questions about me, you should have? I've been rejected by 15 guys earlier, so if you reject me, 16th one won't hurt. So you can start with your questions" The waiter brought their lunch and she served him and herself as a reflex. His heart warmed when she served him. It wasn't necessary at all, he could have done it himself but her small action looked cute and heartwarming to him.