20: Now or never

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"He did, what?!" The male bearing a deep scowl demanded again, his fists clenched tightly and his eyes turning black to red.

Jimin gulped thickly, throwing a small glance at his mate, he trudged forth and licked his lips. "Sire, Jackson took those wolves and -"

Without listening to Jimin's words anymore, Jungkook marched with great haste to his room, the door to which was half closed. Opening the door with a rather good force that almost got loose on his hinges, the alpha stepped inside to frown more.

The bed sheets were crumbled, even tattered at some points because of the sharp claws. A broken piece of mirror laying right where he was standing, even blood was stained over it, clearly smelling of Jimin.

The said beta also walked behind Jungkook with Yoongi, who was more worried about his mate as well as the human inside the room, but they got surprised to find no one in their sight.

Jungkook gritted his teeth and rushed to the bathroom only to witness the source of the broken mirror as the wall mirror was now shattered all around the washbasin and the slab. But still, there was no sign of the human whose distressed scent was filling up the whole house.

Jimin looked near crying because Jungkook was again agitated, and if it wouldn't work, he would definitely break the poor and scared boy more. Fearing that, he clutched over Yoongi's jacket desperately. "Please, he didn't mean to hurt me. He's so scared and is even terrified right now. You can hear that, too, right?" Referring to the erratic heartbeats that were too loud to ignore, Jimin begged his mate to do something. "Jungkook will break him more... please."

Yoongi bit his lower lip, staring between his mate and the raging leader who was just glaring at one place without blinking.

"Sire -"

"Leave, both of you." Opposite to his expressions, Jungkook's voice came out very calm, and it made both mates exchange a look.

"Alright." Jimin wanted to protest when Yoongi said that, but the latter gave him an assuring look before picking him up in his arms and leaving the room.

Jungkook stayed there, staring at the floor, with his heart hurt just like his wolf, which was howling in agony at the amount of faint scent filled in the room and on 'his' bed. Those wolves were too stupid to think that his wolf wasn't an ordinary alpha but a mixed breed that can very much sense their hidden scents well.

Taking a deep breath to calm his own heart, he took slow steps to the other side of the bed beside the wall and window, the place where his mate must be cornered clear by the way bedsheets were hanging there. The spot was empty that moment, though he was well aware of it, too.

With a small lick over his lips, he crouched near the bed on his right knee before leaning his head down only to find his soul roaming in a sea of poison.

The small space under the bed was occupied by his trembling mate, his one hand tightly sealing his own mouth while the other covering his eyes... maybe trying to escape the terror by ignoring and unsee it for now.

The sight was enough to melt anyone's heart, to make someone do anything to give the blue-haired boy some peace where his smile could be witnessed. Smile - yes, a smile that Jungkook didn't see till now, the genuine smile.

The hand, which rested over the sheets unconsciously while leaning down, clutched the same sheet so tightly that the cloth tore off there, and in the next second, he threw them away from the bed. His breath stuck inside, feeling suffocated to see Taehyung this hurt for - he might have lost count now.

Goliath Mate ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें