3. Weird Plans

Maitri's POV

"Sabse bada wala gadha hai. Suvaar kahi ka" I don't think anyone needs to even ask me the name of the person am cussing. Its 101% Aryaman Ranawat who is the sole owner of these cusses.

"Relax di, what happened at lunch?" Divi was laughing at my expense. After his highness left, I had to find a rickshaw to whom I had to show my house because he hadn't seen our area before, lies!

As soon as I got down from the rickshaw, a football hit my head and when I scolded the kids for playing roughly, another kid splashed mud on my clothes.

What An Amazing Day It Was!

"What happened? I freaking embarrassed myself in front of him" 

"How?" Am going to super glue Divi's lips because she's laughing too much.

"None of you told me that he OWNS Ranawat Enterprises and not works there" I looked at mumma and papa who are trying to stifle their laughs.

"Someone could have told me"

"We gave you the biodata for a reason beta" Papa said now fully laughing. Fine, my mistake that I threw it in the dustbin after seeing his picture but I strongly believe in talking to a person face to face because one piece of paper cannot tell everything about a person.

"You all are cheats!!!" Stomping I left for the kitchen. I saw Kitkat lying in the fridge so with much of a thought, I carried mine and Divi's out to the sitting room. Throwing one to her, I sat on my sofa which is only mine, no sharing allowed there.

"Did you like him?" This over excited mum of mine is so eager to get me married. Nai karni hai shaadi mujhe.

"Like and all is later thing. He belongs from a royal family and we are just a simple middle class, upper middle-class family. There's no comparison. Papa works at their firm as their accountant. We will never be able to match their standards" Okay, I love fairytales and have always wished for a prince on white horse to sweep me off my feet but guys, reality check! Fairytales are good in movies and dreams; in real life you do need to compare your social status. 

Am not ashamed of my social status but I can for sure say that an alliance with royal family is something I can't accept. From what I know of my parents, they'll start doing everything over, trying to match themselves to the Ranawats, by overworking themselves and am not ready for that. I don't want them to impress anyone because of me.I don't want their health to be at risk.

"I don't understand why you guys are so desperate to get me married but this is unacceptable. Just tell me clearly that you don't want me here and I'll book a ticket right away and leave and never return. Am still 24 and life doesn't end at that age. Marriage is not my goal mumma. Mujhe shaadi nahi karni hai, atleast not to someone who doesn't understand me. Yes Aryaman Ranawat looks nice and I would wish to get married to him but our social classes are different. He deserves a princess who is like him and not a clumsy self like me, who'll embarrass him at every stage of life. Marriage is supposed to be between two equals and am definitely not his equal. He doesn't even speak much while on the other hand I can't stop speaking. Throughout the whole lunch, I can count the number of words he spoke to me on my fingers. I do like him, he's perfect for me but am not for him. He is A KING and am a simple girl who works at his firm. If he's sky then am ground, we will never have a common ground. I don't understand why all of you are behind marrying me off. If you can't afford my expenses tell me clearly, I am pretty much stable in U.S. I can take care of myself" I yelled at them because it better to cut off all hopes and expectations before they start to rise. Better to get hurt now than later. I stood up and rushed to my room, shutting the door with a bang.