5. Sudden Crisis

Aryaman's POV

Before we left, Maitri stopped me and took my number. I drove everyone home and then went to work. Mumma and dad tried alot to ask me questions, but my one-word replies were enough to calm them down.

I waited the whole day for Maitri's message, but it never came. Probably she's busy. Earlier I too was having second thoughts about pretending to be in love with her so our parents agree but then it felt against my morals. And then when she asked about giving this marriage thing a try from the heart, it felt as if...

Anyways, Maitri and I shall be married and that is what is going to be.

Wrapping up things for the day, I drove back home and went straight to my room to find mumma sitting on the bed holding the photo frame which had my recent picture in it.

"Mumma" I called her bringing her attention to me.

"Aryuu" She looked up at me with a huge smile.

"All okay?" I asked, placing my laptop bag and a few folders on the sofabed in my room.

"Yeah, just wanted to talk to you" I walked to her confused and made her sit on the bed.

"You are happy with this na?" She asked cupping my face in her soft, delicate hands.

"Haan, why are you asking me this?" This is getting super weird. I don't like talking about my feelings, its awkward yaar.

"Aise hi. I know we kind of pressured you into meeting Maitri but I really wish that you said yes to this because YOU want it. If you don't want to go ahead with this, I'll try to talk with Rish" That's my mumma. She can read me like a book. She always knows what I want and when I want. If I say no, will this smile on her face go?

Holding her hands in mine, I laid down in her laps.

"She'll make a perfect match mumma" I closed my eyes in her laps, feeling at home.

"Perfect match or not doesn't matter bacha. Tumhare maan mein woh bas ni chahiye. Marriage isn't something to play around with. There'll be times when you both will fight or disagree with the other and its not a bad thing. If you are fighting with your siblings who share the same blood as you then she is a completely different person. Aryu... I don't know why you stopped sharing your feelings with us but share with her. Don't draw a line between yourself and her. Zindagi badi lambi hai, haste ghelte guzaaro naki rote rote. Accept her with full heart, I know its an arrange marriage and you both don't know much about her but think from her side too, she also doesn't know you. You both are on the first layer of a person's nature. Aap dono ek dusre ke ankhoon ko toh pasand aagaye, aab apne dil ko bhi puch lijiye, kya woh pasand kabhi aayegi?" Mumma caressed my hair lovingly, making me sleep immediately.

"Aap humare liye shaadi mat kijiye. Marry because you want to. If there's a problem, I'll sort it out. I've always sorted it out, remember when you thought you were an artist and thought it would be a good idea to paint our walls, tab bhi humne hi ne fix kiya tha?" She pulled my head up and stood up, pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"Mumma...no need to remind me of those embarassing moments again" I said wiping the wetness of the kiss from my forehead.

"Atleast then you used to roam around holding my duppata. These days I don't even know who you are" She wiped it clean with her duppata suddenly becoming sad.

"Aryu" She said holding my face up.

"Don't hurt that girl because of something you want. Punishing someone else for what you desire isn't right baba" Saying that mumma left me alone in the room with my thoughts. Just when I was to come at a conclusion for something that I don't remember, my phone pinged with a notification.