1

CHAPTER TITLE: THE EYES OF DEATH

YOU AND THE LAMB WALKED, hand in hand, down the stone path. The red lighting began to hurt your eyes, and you squinted throughout the walk. You shuddered walking past skeletons, old and new, and effigies made of skulls.

A glowing pentagram on a circular platform, a towering executioner and..

The bishops themselves.

You felt yourself tremble at the sight of them, the raw power radiating from them striking you to the bone. The bloody clothes covering certain appendages; showing the horrors that had been committed to them by their former Bishop and member of the Old Faith.

Their eyes glared down at you both in disgust, though with a smidge of worry, or fear?, when glimpsing at the Lamb. Leshys crown seemed to peer at you longer than it should have, which he seemed to realise as his head turned away, near unnoticeable if you weren't watching.

You assumed this was because you were, well, a stag; stag, deer, and other woodland-based beings were the most likely to worship him, after all.

A hooded figure, one that had been threatening you earlier, wrenched you from the Lambs grasp, holding you back as your former temporary housemate hesitantly knelt on the raised pentagram.

Heket spoke.

"Before us stands the last of its kind, and its shepherd. All others we have hunted down and put to the blade."

Kallamar followed.

"With this final sacrifice, the prophecy will be impossible to fulfill."

Leshy continued.

"The heretic who lies bound below will be condemned to eternal captivity."

Finally, Shamura.

"And the Old Faith shall be preserved."

You watched as the Lamb began to cry, shivering in his spot as the Executioner approached. You burst free from the followers grasp, lunging to him just as the axe dropped.

You squinted, holding the Lamb close as you looked around the unfamiliar landscape. Skulls peeked from the pale mist, and your eyes widened as your strange pair slowly approached a towering figure wrapped in chains.

The beings supposed guards glowered at you from beneath their veils, though the gazes melted into curiosity.

The being stopped his wrenching of the chains, peering down at you both with harsh red eyes. He spoke, and your breath hitched as you realised just who this was.

"Come closer. Fear not, for though you are already dead, I still have need of you."

The One Who Waits. 

"Those foolish Bishops though they could keep you from me in death. But instead they sent you straight to me."

"I will give you both LIFE again, but at a PRICE!"

"All I ask is for you to start a Cult in my name. Do we have a deal?"

The Lamb whispered a Yes. The One Who Waits grinned, his crown lifting unto the Lambs head. His own chains dissipaited, and he gained a red fleece with bell. Eyes glowing, he sunk into a pentagram, supposedly to the living.

"And you."

The colossal cat strained his arm to grip your face. His sharp fingertips prodded you painfully.

"You..." A smirk grew on his face. "Help him grow the Cult. I will give you a gift to... help."

"Baal. Aym."

The pair stepped forward, gripping your arms to keep you in place. His hand released your face, but it and his other instead clutched your antlers.

"This might sting." He grinned, and his grip tightened.

You screamed in agony as your antlers were shattered, writhing and thrashing in Baal and Ayms grasp. The pain was indescribable, and fresh blood joined what was already across your face. You sobbed, staring as shards of your your prized extension dropped to the misty ground, begging for it to end.

And it did.

A wave of relief overtook the pain, and you felt them almost reappear with how quick the regrowth was. As you stared into The One Who Waits' eyes, you could see the antlers almost shimmer.

"There. Now get out of my sight."

You sunk into the ground, and reappeared at your deathplace.