6. Midnight Conversations

AUTHOR'S POV

Maitri was in the room working while Aryaman was shouting on people as to why their works were in a mess and how they couldn't handle a crisis as such and just then Maitri walked out of the room with her hair in a messy bun and wearing black rimmed glasses.

Aryaman who was sitting frustrated looked up to find her opening all the cupboards in the kitchen. Wondering what she was doing, he walked to the kitchen and leaned onto the door frame, crossing his right ankle over his left one.

"Oh Gaddiya Uchiya Rakhiya
Naaran Bohot Jatt De Piche Aa
Par Tu Mainu Baali Jachdi
Baali Jachdi" She started dancing and singing all of a sudden leaving the cupboard doors open and swaying her body to the beats of the song. Aryaman's eyes widened in shock at the sudden change in behaviour.

In the small kitchen space, Maitri was vibing as if it was a club. She hadn't noticed the young man leaning on the kitchen door frame watching her live performance for free. She tucked open her saree pallu and played with it, one minute placing it on her head and the next removing it from there and twirling around making the pallu fly.

Soon the song came to an end. Removing her phone that was tucked in her saree, she scrolled through her phone until another song came.

"Ek garam chai ki pyali hooo" She looked around in the kitchen cabinets to find the thing she was looking for. Aryaman didn't understand what she was looking for and wanted to help her but instead found himself captivated in her innocence and lack of concern for the world around her.

"Aur usko bana ne wala ho" She sang as if no one was hearing her. She changed the lyrics to her accord and sighed heavily when she couldn't find a single thing.

"You are an extremely bad singer" Aryaman said smirking at her shocked state which just fell on the ground. Hearing the sudden voice of Aryaman, Maitri lost her balance and landed on the ground. He held out his hand for her. Taking it, she stood up and straightened her saree.

"I was right" Maitri gave him a death glare.

"About what?" Aryaman walked past her inside the kitchen and opened the cabinet right beside the gas stove.

"You do wear spects" He said as if the most normal thing.

"Haan toh? Its not wrong to have a poor eyesight and you know what, you should be glad that I pay money to see you" She said removing her glasses and placing them on the kitchen counter.

"Am going to assume you were looking for tea leaves in here" Aryaman said rolling his eyes at her comment and brewing his coffee.

"Yup, aapko mili? Please say mili" Her eyes sparkled in happiness at the mention of tea. She took a step forward to look inside the cabinet.

"We don't have tea here. Dad and mum and also Avi and Aaru, each Ranawat drinks coffee" Aryaman replied taking a sip of the coffee.

"Ohh" A sad expression passed on her face which Aryaman had seen.

"Its okay" Saying that she turned around to leave for her room.

"I can brew you a coffee" Aryaman felt guilty at her sad face and thought probably he could compensate that by making her a coffee.

"That's sweet of you but I don't like coffee" She took her glasses and passed him a huge smile, showing him that she was fine.

"Why are you still awake?" Aryaman asked as they both walked out of the kitchen.

"Ohh I was still working, what about you?" She asked turning behind to look at him.

"Just scolding people because they are behaving worse than a highschooler. One work...one work I've given them and they can't do that properly. My money is going in vain" Aryaman sat on the seat tiredly. Maitri stood at a distance from him and chuckled.