7. Fine Daddy

Maitri ran into the room blushing deeply at his words. She walked to the washroom and washed her face feeling hot and tried stopping the silly smile that was on her face because of him.

Once her nerves were calmed down, she walked out and sat down to work. While she was working, she felt her hair continuously disturbing her.

"I had pinned them, how comes they opened?" She spoke to herself, running her hand in her open hair while getting up from the bed, looking for hair clutch frantically. She bent down on the ground and looked for her clutch.

"Is this what you are looking for doll?" Aryaman said throwing her clutch in air and catching it. Out of shock, she lost balance and fell on thr ground. 

"You seem to love the floor more darling dearest" He held out his hand for her. She swatted his hand away and stood up angrily.

"Zameen se jude rehna acha hota hai" She stood up and snatched the clutch from his hands. Twisting her hair in a bun, she secured them with a clutch as he sat on the bed. He was to pick up a pile of papers when she hit his hand.

"Don't touch" She sat on the bed playing a random song on her laptop.

"Excuse me" He looked at her offended.

"Excused" She picked her pen and started her calculations.

"They are basically MY company's accounts" He said picking the pile again.

"I don't care. I've arranged them with alot of efforts, if even one page goes missing, all my hard work will be wasted. I'll show them to you when am done but let them be where they are please" She sat on the bed continuing pressing numbers in the calculator. Aryaman ignored her plea and held the corner of the pile in between his thumb and the rest of the fingers and started flipping pages.

Maitri noticed and was to argue but stopped seeing him looking at the papers keenly. He stood up and walked outside getting his tablet. Scrolling through the email he sent her, he opened a document.

"Okay, I...I don't know what to take of this" Aryaman said flipping through pages.

"You understand?" She asked shocked.

"Masters in Banking and Accounting from Oxford University. Double major and did a minor in Hospitality, Leisure & Management" He said smirking seeing her shocked look.

"Aye aye no need to flex on me okay. I am doing an online course from Harvard University not the free ones but the paid ones. Don't think am stupid. Am very clever" She pointed her index finger at him and replied proud of her status.

"I didn't call you such a thing. Anyways forget all that and focus on this" He placed the papers infront of her eyes to catch her attention.

"I know. It looks weird. Probably after I finish they might make sense" She said pointing the pencil top towards the papers.

"Hmm" He sat on the bed, crossing his leg over the other knee and flipped the papers.

"You should sleep" He said yawning and checking the time on his watch.

"I'll sleep after finishing this" She said looking back and forth from the screen, pressing numbers on the calculator and writing the down values on the sheets.

"This girl" Aryaman stood up huffing and took the papers with him outside.

"Maitri sleep, its quite late, finish it tomorrow" He re-entered the room with a glass of water for himself found her yawning loudly but refusing to budge without sleeping.

"Its just this much left" She looked at him with a pout asking him to give her more time.

"Sleep. Finish it tomorrow, I'll wake you up at the time you say" He walked to his bags and placed one of them on the bed.

"Fine daddy!" She said huffing, placing away the stationary. Aryaman who was sipping onto the water, started coughing scaring her.

"Are you okay?" She stepped down from the bed and stood on his side, bending him slightly forward and hitting his back. Aryaman signalled her he was okay when the coughs subdued.

"Okay now?" She asked concerned about him. He nodded his head and gulped down the water, wiping away the tears that had formed in his eyes due to vigorous coughing.

"Sure na?" She was still unconsciously rubbing his back up and down.

"Yeah mommy" He tried to reply to her in the same manner she did and hoped for some reaction from her side like the one he had instead he met with disappointment. She instead rolled her eyes at him and took a step back.

"Mommy?" He again repeated to re-check whether he wasn't loud earlier, or she is just she.

"Yes son" She answered him yawning at his poor jokes. Aryaman shook his head and removed a pair of comfortable PJs for the night.

"You sleep here, I'll sleep outside" He said throwing the PJs over his shoulder and zipping the back before pushing it down.

"I'll feel bad if you'll sleep outside. This plane belongs to you and then you'll sleep outside. I'll feel guilty for throwing you out of the room you deserve to stay in" She said looking down at her hands playing with her fingers. Aryaman smirked and closed the distance between them, trapping her between the bed and him.

"Don't feel guilty now. But yeah... if after marriage you throw me out of the room where I deserve to stay in, I'll pull you out with me so we both can be together and you shall be at my mercy" He said opening her hair by removing the hair clutch from her bun. She fumbled at the close proximity and didn't raise her eyes to look at him.

"What happened my sutli bomb? Gone all silent?" He took a step back, giving her the space to think. Placing his hands behind his back, he bent down to her height smirking at the effect he had on her.

She didn't say anything and kept her gaze down on her hands, unaware of what she should say.

"Sleep well. I won't enter here without your permission" He whispered in her ear, making goosebumps arise on her skin. Whistling the tune of 'Ek ajnabi haseena se' he walked towards the door.

"You can breathe Maitri" He said turning back to see her still standing in the same position. Maitri broke out from the trance and looked at him with red cheeks.

"I know Karate" He said trying to make her feel comfortable.

"So?" She asked walking towards him confused.

"Nai just incase you think to take advantage of my sleeping form. I am just warning" He said shrugging his shoulders.

"Really? Shit. Missed the opportunity. I had so many plans on how I'd take advantage of you while you were asleep. Next time I'll carry sleeping pills and mix them in your food" She said playing along.

"These days women!!! One poor man fighting for his dignity" He said clicking his tongue.

"You suck at drama. Go sleep and let me sleep Maan" She said laughing at his over dramatic face. She turned to leave when he he held her wrist.

"Can I?" He asked holding the hand up in between them. 

"You can" She said smiling.

"Good night doll" He kissed her knuckles leaving behind a girl drenched in red shade and a smile that glowed like the moon in the dark night.

____________________________________

Had a small break in between exams today so wrote this much. I hope it was upto the standards and you liked it.

Please please please share ideas for this story with me like you all did for Rishav and Kaira. Due to exams I have forgotten the plot this story and don't know what to write next. Am asking for help, please do help. My DMs are open for suggestions and ideas you all will give.