Eleven

Eden

I already know how this is going to go, I'm gonna open that door and he's going to have that stupidly handsome smirk on his face, waiting for my answer.

"Why'd you accuse me of being an incubus?"

I feel like there's really only two options and he knows it.

I was either instantly aroused once I was in the cell with him, or.. I had dreamt filthy, lustful things about the demon that waits behind this door.

Either way, I'd rather it go unsaid. Why does he need an answer, is it really that important?

I guess I'd want to know if it were the other way around and he had accused me of being a succubus.

I roll my eyes at the blurry reflection staring back at me before washing my face with cool water, having already used the bathroom I've sat in here procrastinating, not wanting to have this conversation with Jericho.

I stare at myself for a moment in the mirror, fixing my top and deciding to use just a bit of magic to freshen up my entire appearance. I don't usually do such things, finding them frivolous, but ever since I've left the forest I can practically feel my magic humming through my veins in the most beautiful way.

I sigh and take one last glance at myself before heading back into the bedroom.

And there sits Jericho on the foot of the bed, looking oddly giant in the small room, wearing that fucking smirk.

I knew it.

"You took so long I had assumed you decided to use the bathtub, but when I heard no water I knew you were just avoiding me." He says, obviously trying not to look as amused as he truly is by the whole ordeal, trying to poke fun at me.

Turd.

"So what if I was?" I say before walking past him to grab my backpack. "Well I don't know why you'd avoid me, I think I make great company." He says.

"Is that so? Then you wouldn't mind keeping me company while we have a drink downstairs?" I say to him in a sweet voice, coming across more seductive than I had meant to.

Jericho's golden eyes grow dark as he stands from the bed, making his way over to me before pushing me up against the wall, pressing our bodies together. "You assume I'll give in if you ask me so sweetly, is that it?" He asks me, I stare up at him, trying to seem unaffected by his body pressing into me, even though I know my heart beat gives me away. "I just figured I could use a drink after all the bullshit, before having to embrace myself answering your questions."

He smiles darkly at me. "I'd love to buy you a drink, Eden." He leans down and begins trailing his tongue from my collar bone to my chin, making me gasp involuntarily, before he stands back, giving me space to collect my thoughts.

He walks towards the door before opening it and gesturing for me to follow him out of our room, I make my way towards him and as soon as we enter the small hallway he has his arm around my waist, claiming me without words.

We make our way down to the small pub, it's late and there's only a few people left lingering behind, seeming to mostly be older drunks. Jericho finds us a small table in the corner away from most of the other people, I happily take the seat he grabs out for me, before he takes own seat across the small table.

He sits for a moment before growing annoyed that not a single worker seems to be in sight, no one at the bar or front desk. "I'll be right back, don't let anyone talk to you." He says as he looks around, seeming satisfied that there are now only two people in the pub area who seem to be here together.