23: It wasn't easy

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The bag was hanging loosely over his right shoulder as he took slow steps toward his class, very much aware of his surroundings where a lot of students were bustling happily. Ignoring the loud chattering, he entered the room only to halt for a brief moment when the same pain lodged out of his chest, almost knocking his breath out.

"Hey, dude. You alright?" Someone from behind, asked with a calm tone, getting his attention, and to his luck, the jolt of pain was gone by then.

Turning to look at the speaker, Taehyung found a handsome lad standing there with round glasses adoring his sculptured face, sharp jawline, and squinted eyes, which were big enough otherwise, looked a foreigner but his fluent accent said the opposite.

"Um, I'm a transfer student." The unknown boy chuckled lightly, looking awkward at the way Taehyung was blankly staring at him. "My name is Wangji, Xiao Wangji." He extended his left hand to shake, another thing that made Taehyung stare. "Ah, I'm left-handed." The boy again chuckled nervously.

Breaking his gaze from the hand to the face of the boy, Taehyung suddenly felt bad for giving such an odd impression to the male. With a subtle shake of his head, he took the extended hand and lightly shook it. "Taehyung, Kim Taehyung."

Just hearing him, the boy beamed and dragged him inside the class to the chair before making him sit and taking the next to it for himself. All the while Taehyung watched him with a little frown but couldn't deny the act. Well, actually, he didn't get the chance to deny it.

"I joined a month ago, but something came, and I had to take leave for two weeks straight." Taehyung just nodded, taking his hand away to have his notebook out of the bag. Wangji wore a beautiful smile, observing the blue-haired male silently getting busy with his bag.

"I haven't seen you here before, but I heard your name a few times. You have a lot of fandom here." Taehyung wanted to scoff but kept quiet, not wanting to start a scene when the other was trying to be a friend.

"Yes, I was caught up with things, too." Gulping thickly, the male managed these words and again pretended to be busy with his work. Even when he wasn't busy with the books, his mind was undoubtedly busy with all the events that had happened during that time.

"I see." That's how the conversation ceased after their lecturer made her entry with the horrific news of the upcoming exams.

Taehyung was really behind this time, but thanks to the kind teachers, he covered a lot of the syllabus with great effort. Just like now, he was sitting in the library with his book wide open in front of him. But unfortunately, his mind was again drifting somewhere else without his will.

The section he was sitting in wasn't crowded at all as compared to the rest of the hall, but he was too out of it to notice how someone was glaring at him from a far corner.

•••••••

"Sire, are you alright?" Jackson tried again to hear the word, but deep down, he was aware that he won't be hearing that any time soon from the unbeatable alpha so easily. It wasn't like he wanted to see his sire tired and spent, instead, he was trying to get him back to have some rest because those dull, tired, and swollen eyes were a clear giveaway of the need for that.