2

∞Abandoned warmth∞

~Aradhaya Singh Rajvansh~

Love not only brings happiness and fulfillment but also its constant companion, the fear of causing pain to those we hold dear. As the only female in the Rajvansh clan born after five generations of all males, I was blessed with an overwhelming amount of love and affection. This undoubtedly played a significant role in shaping my upbringing. I was not only cared for by the elderly but also by all my beloved brothers, especially my brother, Aridhaan.

During my school years, I always lived in the shadows of others, making my love life completely insignificant. However, I made a daring decision to pursue my higher education in Delhi, away from my hometown of Rajasthan, which turned out to be a mistake. I had the opportunity to attend the same prestigious business school where Aridhaan bhai received his master's degree in New York. Although it was difficult to leave behind my beloved family, somehow I made myself leave them all behind.

It's been 7 years now, and I have been managing the New York branch of Rajvansh Royals for 2 years. Bhai asked me to return to India as everyone there misses me a lot, and I miss them too. I couldn't bear to let my favorite couple, my Grandparents, keep postponing their anniversary celebration each year because of my absence, so I made it a point to return to my homeland for their 65th anniversary. It's a momentous occasion that simply cannot go by without a celebration.

My trail of thoughts was broken by the attendant as the jet landed in Jaipur. There I was in India - the air hit differently here, and the sun didn't feel hot but warm here just like a hug. Stepping onto my motherland, I bent down to touch the ground and lifted my hand to touch my forehead - it felt like home here.

My eyes trailed forward toward the exit, and my favorite set of brothers walked toward me. "Bhai," I gasped as Aridhaan bhai managed to capture me in his arms. In his 6'2'' frame, I fit like a timid fragile doll, but still, I felt the safest in his embrace. After all, he is my shield, my pride, my brother.

Warm tears welled up in his deep grey eyes as his hand gently grazed my head, and he asked, "Aru, how are you? I missed you so much." I sobbed in his arms, although he kept visiting me. The last time he visited was 2 years ago, and I missed him the most. "Come on, where's my hug? I am also your special brother..." I heard Shravan bhai whining, and shifting to his arms, he squeezed me in a warm hug, and we separated as I was sobbing uncontrollably.

Aridhaan bhai lifted his hands to wipe away the tears from my cheeks and again engulfed me in a hug, whispering sweet nothings in my ears. I managed to get out of his arms and stand straight to say, "How are you both?"

"We are better now. Let's go; everyone is eagerly waiting for you," Shravan bhai said, pulling my hands while I managed to not skip a step rushing towards the car.

As I entered the mansion's premises, a rush of familiarity enveloped me. It was a comforting feeling, like stepping into a timeless haven that held my cherished memories. The architecture stood steadfast, and the surroundings echoed with the echoes of the past. Every nook and cranny seemed to welcome me back, and I couldn't help but gaze at each corner, reminiscing about the moments that had woven the fabric of my life within these walls.

With grace and chivalry, my brothers brought our car to a stop at the main entrance. As true gentlemen, they promptly exited their seats with Shravan bhai opening the door for me and Aridhaan bhai extending his hand to help me out of the car.

Getting to see my family off-screen felt surreal. I moved following Bhai towards everyone, Maa standing there with a plate of aarti following Papa, Mamu, and Mami on one side and Chote Papa, Choti Maa with Yug and Yagya on another. I looked for my elder loves.