4

∞Memories∞

⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ~~~~⋆🌿✦🌺✦🌿⋆~~~~ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧⋆

Traversing the office corridors, followed closely by his secretary, Rudransh heard the familiar voice of his best friend. He turned to see Rishi approaching with his cousin, Rohan. "Rudra, we need to discuss the Malhotras and the Rathores," Rishi said, his tone serious. With a nod and a tight smile, Rudransh led them into his white-walled office adorned with minimalist furniture. The glass-walled section of the room housed a seating area, and as they settled on the sofa, Rudransh unbuttoned his finely ironed Armani coat, easing into the recliner opposite them.

"Samrat uncle has finalised the terms of the project with the Rathores. I'd like you to review them," Rishi said, passing a tablet with recorded details to Rudransh.

"Bhai, Shravan jiju suggested partnering with The RR Constructions for our urban setup. Tau ji also agrees," Rohan added, noticing Rudransh scanning the document.

"It's for the clothing line, Rohan. If Dad and you are on board with Shravan's cousin, proceed. Get the contract signed before the wedding and share it with the lawyer. We need to kick-start this project soon," he instructed crisply, his lips twitching as he finished.

"Also, the Malhotras have proposed layouts for new colonies in the western part of the city and are requesting a meeting tomorrow," Rishi added, observing Rudransh's forehead creasing.

"But aren't we leaving for Udaipur tomorrow?" He asked, meeting Rishi's gaze, his knuckles resting on his thighs.

"Yes, but their CEO is leaving for the States tomorrow evening. If we postpone, we'll have to wait another month to meet him," Rishi explained.

"I'll have Dhruv finalise the meeting for tomorrow morning then," Rudransh decided. Turning to Rohan, he continued, "You leave for Udaipur with the family tomorrow morning. We'll join you the day after. Also, ensure everything is arranged for the functions. Though Shravan assured us, double-check."

"I'll take care of everything, Brother. Dadi wanted me to remind you to visit the house before 5 pm, and it's already 4," Rohan said, leaving the room swiftly, avoiding Rudra's gaze.

Rudransh Singh Chauhan, a man of few words and more actions, epitomised grace and sophistication. If his words were measured, his presence was felt, mostly confined to his office, making him one of the country's youngest and most successful eligible bachelors.

"Not again," he sighed, leaning back on the recliner, tension easing from his muscles.

"Dadi seems persistent," Rishi chuckled, pouring himself a glass of water.

"More like her husband," Rudransh sighed wearily, stopping his friend's laughter.

"Why not consider the proposals from Sirat bua?" Rishi's words caught his attention, causing him to snort. "Of all people, I didn't expect you to give me unwanted advice."

"I'm just being sensible, Rudra. You've become a robot stuck in this monotonous lifestyle—just this office and... actually, nothing else," Rishi said, his words forcing him to walk out.

"It's been too long. She must have forgotten you while you waste your life in hope," Rishi's words halted him at the door.

"All I have left is hope, Rishi. Fragile or not, it's mine. Even if I have to cling to it for life, I will. No one has the right to take it away, not you, not my family, no one," he said, walking out of the office toward the lift.

As he drove back, Rudransh handed the keys to the valet and strode into the house. Navigating through the living area with his bag in hand, he was summoned to the garden by his Grandmother, Payal Singh Chauhan. Spotting her conversing with his aunt, he listened as Sirat filled Payal's mind with new ideas of potential brides.