7

∞Entangled threads of destiny∞

Aradhaya Singh Rajvansh

Last-minute fiascoes always followed me through; here's one just a few minutes before the tilak. I managed to get my dress torn thanks to the open nail of the door. God damn it, how am I going to figure it out now? I squealed, looking at the wide hole at the bottom flare of my dress that needed an instant repair, and I had no idea how to do it.

"What happened, Aru?" My neck tilted to see Yagya bhai walking in my direction, he had a gift box in his hands which he securely kept aside and bent to see the bottom of my dress in my hand. He grazed it, giving me a 'too late' kind of look. "This looks terrible."

"I know, Bhai, but what do I do now?" He bit his lower lip, maybe thinking for a minute, and blinked his eyes before speaking, "Don't you have something else to wear?" I shook my head in no because I had my dresses planned beforehand according to the colour themes Ridhima bhabhi decided for each function. It was supposed to be cream and white for Tilak, and this dress flaunted the theme beautifully having intricate golden embroidery at the bottom on the cream fabric makes it a perfect choice, and after all, it was custom-made by my dear best friend, Aahana, Aahana Khurrana, the famous fashion designer.

"I have an idea, let's get to your room." My eyebrow arched at his words because as much as my brothers excel in business, they lack the sense of fashion in every aspect. And Yagya bhai, he is the one who could slay in black pants and a white shirt for his whole life, but yes, he would still look the most handsome in the room, but silently, I followed him into my room where he made me sit on the edge of the bed and went inside the washroom to look for god knows what. He is the quietest and kindest one from all of us. He had been Bhai's shadow since forever, be it our silly childhood games or the business, bhai had been his mentor in all. Where Yug bhai has a witty bone in him, he has the sweet aura, the one which after a tiring day you would crave to be in his company. Where Yug and Aridhaan Bhai are the more outgoing ones, he would rather take a book and his hazelnut coffee as his favorite self-care time rather than parties and clubs. Learning from Bhai, he too believes in actions more than words and never made me feel any less loved.

"Here, let's try this." He came out with a makeup pouch and safety pins in his hand.

"How is this gonna work?" He kneeled before me, studying the hole in the dress keenly. Heaving a sigh, he replied, "We can try.""

He carefully gathered the dress in his hand and tried fixing it with the safety pins. I waited for a few minutes, but he stood up and huffed with his hand resting on his waist. "This is complicated. You wait here; I will ask Bhai to send someone from Aahana's team. They will fix it." I looked at his weary face and the bottom of my dress that now had hanging safety pins, well, brothers of course. "Okay, but do it quickly. Mumma is surely going to kill me. I am way too late." He chuckled at my words and ruffled my hair, to which I let out a shriek, "Bhai!! Don't!"

"I'll manage." He walked out of the room. I looked for my phone, but it was with Yug bhai since the morning, which he snatched from my hand because apparently he was telling me about something very important, which is his 100th crush of this week, and I was on my phone, not giving him his desired attention. I don't know when he is going to return it. This man throws more tantrums than even a ten-year-old and falls in love faster than any teenager. Well, his charming personality makes him welcome a swarm of girls swooning around him, and he has absolutely no complaints about it.

The attendant was there in no time, nothing less than I expected from Yagya Bhai. She stitched the worn-out part of the dress with a hand sewing machine. I quickly checked myself in the mirror for one last time before walking out. My hair was not well set, but I had no time to fix it now, so I practically ran toward the ceremony hall with these wedges that are going to give me swollen feet at the end of the day.