12. Sacrifices

Maitri was watching Bridgerton on her phone while Raj cleaned up the mess Aryaman had caused in the board room.

"A little bit help would be awesome" Raj taunted her.

"Nah bro nah. Clean the shit you cause" She pulled her leg up on the chair, completely immersed in the episode.

"This is so unfair yaar. Why can't we have such balls anymore? Am living in the wrong generation" She exclaimed loudly placing her phone on the table with a bang. Raj who was arranging the papers looked at her and rolled his eyes knowing it was her everyday drama.

"Just imagine, wearing those long ball gowns, having your hair made up, a gentleman walking up to you and complimenting you. Having a chance to dance with hot men..." 

"And getting married at 18 and popping kids like a marathon at 20. How wonderful that is?" Raj couldn't help but ruin the whole vibe for her, just the way he liked.

"I'll throw my shoe at you if you don't shut your trap and side with me" She looked at him angrily.

"Fine... We should have balls even in this generation. Men are no longer gentlemen. This generation sucks. We should seriously have ball dances. Do you think women actually wore corsets back then? It looks more like a death trap to me" Raj recited the lines she had taught him earlier like a pet parrot until a thought struck him and made him stop in his work and look at her.

"That's true. I know right, it really looks like a death trap but yet we should have ball dances" She complained like a child.

"What's going on guys?" Aryaman entered the room, loosening his tie and removing his blazer.

"Nothing, kid is complaining as always that there should be ball dances in this generation too. She thinks she's a Cinderella." Raj grumbled under his breathe but she heard it.

"Hey...am not a kid, am a fully grown adult and what's wrong in being Cinderella. Take it from me, you will become a pumpkin for Nitya when she asks you to be one because she's Cinderella" Maitri and Raj made faces at each other, annoying the other.

"Arya... let's walk out, these women will cook me raw with their ideologies of disney. At this point am starting to have doubts on Yukti. She says Nitya's watching the disney movies but I have a feeling its my wife watching it. Did I marry a child trapped in a body of an adult?" Raj asked Aryaman with a dramatic sigh.

"It is Yukti's eyes through which Nitya's watching the movie. Mother-daughter bond man" Raj and Aryaman looked at the tiny being infront of them sprouting non-sense that actually made sense but had no logic or a proper theory to back it up.

"Whatever" Raj rolled his eyes at her and again the battle of who makes the worst face begun between them.

"Guys stop. Raj take a day off and Maitri, we are going home and then I'll drop you your home. No arguments, nothing. Start moving. Now!" Aryaman held Maitri's hand and pulled her out with him so the 2 don't get into another arguement.

He made her sit in the car and sat on the driver seat.

"Want to drive?" He asked noticing the way she admired the car interior.

"Nope. Am passenger princess" She said with a smile and a shrug.

"What's that now?" Aryaman asked confused as he hit the road.

"Passenger princess is someone who just sits in the passenger seat and never drives ecample me" She said with a huge smile as if she won a lottery.