▪︎ | epilogue: ring

KEY:
sahana / veer

Sahana parked her car in front of Veer's house and climbed out, her bag still sitting comfily on the passenger seat

Sahana parked her car in front of Veer's house and climbed out, her bag still sitting comfily on the passenger seat. The door was unlocked and she walked right in, smiling at Veer's father in the kitchen, humming Ilayaraja's famous hit song and chopping up onions. "Hi, pa!" she said, waltzing off towards the refrigerator. "Your son make me my coffee today?"

"Never forgets. He's a fool in love. He'll do anything for you, dear," he commented, throwing in the onions on the pan and hearing them hiss. He leaned in closer and said, "Take advantage of it."

Sahana laughed, opening the door and eyeing the iced coffee grinning at her. "Oh, I already am. You have no idea how much I'm saving by having free coffee everyday. Made with so much love, might I add." She peeled the sticky note that said You look beautiful today! in Veer's cursive handwriting.

Veer's father smiled. "Do you have much to do today?"

"Yes, pa. Since a celebrity mentioned my brand in her home tour, the orders have been heaping in piles. It's busy," she said, popping in the glass straw. "Why do you ask? Anything you want me to pick up on the way?"

"Just a few packs of butter."

"To make another batch of ghee, I assume?"

"Yes, there's always a shortage for ghee in this house."

"Veer is using it all up, isn't he? He loves ghee on everything."

"He got that from his mother."

Sahana sipped her coffee, resisting the urge to close her eyes and sigh when the caffeine hit the spot. She wanted to marry Veer just for his coffee-making skills. "I'll get them while coming home."

"Be here for dinner, Sahana. No skipping it."

"Yes, pa."

Veer and his father didn't like that she was staying in a apartment when there was enough room here. Even though she was rooming with Ishita, they worried for the safety of them two women staying alone. The only consolation was that their apartment was very close to Veer's home so in case of emergencies they'd always be reachable. A part of Sahana yearned to wake up every morning with Veer but another part of her knew that they have to take it slow. She liked the pace they were at: occasional dinners with Pa, weekly dates, weekly sleepovers and daily texts and hour-long calls. It was kinda perfect in it's own way.

 It was kinda perfect in it's own way