29: Dream?

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

What is it? Is he going to push me away again in a more arduous way?

No, he looks rather calm and collected. It could be something else for real. But, what?!

What if he asks me never to show my face to him after all the massacre I created in front of him yesterday?!

"Jungkook?" Taehyung innocently called his name at the lack of response for almost a whole minute, and Jungkook just felt stupid for keeping the male waiting for long.

"Ah, yes... yes, of course, you can ask... ahm, anything." Taehyung nodded, slightly more relaxed than before, at least Jungkook thought so by the less tense shoulders of the human.

"So, I was asking if you -"

"Lunch is here~~~ " A beaming voice interrupted, right before he could state his wish, a very small wish thanks to the blond beta who happily marched inside the house with a trolley of food in front of him.

"Jungkook, I settled everything as you asked for. But, still, if you need anything, ring my bell." Winking at the alpha, the blond gave a cheeky smile to the blue-haired before swaying his hips in a more teasing way as he disappeared behind the wall of the house, leaving the two dead silent.

Jungkook clenched his jaw, almost on the verge of letting out some profanities but halted because he was Jimin, the same beta who helped him many times. Feeling the tingles dance all over his body when the hold over his finger tightened a bit, Jungkook cleared his throat to get the attention of Taehyung, who was just staring blankly from where Jimin disappeared.

"What you were saying?" Softly encouraging the male, Jungkook asked, not moving an inch, afraid that the warmth of his mate would go away the moment he did that.

"Oh, um... I was saying can we have lunch together?" Taehyung completed his words, taking Jungkook purely taken aback by his request.

He just wanted to have lunch with me?! That's it?!

Blinking twice, the alpha managed a nod and watched in dismay as his mate stepped back after letting go of his finger and turned to get the trolley of food.

"Hoseok hyung is still asleep, so... it would be just us two." The silence was again broken by the blue-haired who was under a strict gaze of a certain someone. Jungkook was still trying to process the behavior of his mate, feeling all itchy just to read what was going on in his mind, but nope, he would stay rooted on his ground.

There was no dining table in the house, and the reason wasn't a mystery to guess for Taehyung. He heard from Jimin that Alpha uses this house just for rest, and more than half of his day was spent in the pack house, precisely the castle-like house where his mother was living.

As there wasn't any dining table, Taehyung settled the dishes on the table and rushed to get water bottles from a small fridge inside the kitchen where he entered for the first time only to feel in awe because the kitchen was so spacious and clean. Shaking his head, he just got two glasses, washed them, and then got the bottles before coming back to where Jungkook was waiting for him.

Suddenly, embarrassment washed over his senses because, oh, the owner of the house was standing there while he was running here and there to get things as if he owned it.

"Sorry, I just..."

For the first time, Jungkook found his mate too adorable with cheeks dusting pink in clear embarrassment while fiddling with the hoodie, looking so small, squishy just like he looked when he was sleeping so soundly in his own room, all cuddled up with his knees and muttering something cute in his sleep... OK, maybe, not for the first time.