Chapter 15 - Teleknesis Controls

That time when the sun had shone in the morning, at the farm of a lovely village. Felicia lent a helping hand to the farmers, Sarah tagged along to accompany the creator. It was time to reap the cornfield. The corn was ripe and the weather was dry, very suitable for the harvest season. 

Felicia, with a sickle in her hand, approached a nearby bench. Intended to take a quick rest there. Her sleeves were rolled up higher, and her arms and hands were muddy due to the dirt and soil. Sweat was soaking around the collar of her shirt, and she wiped the sweat running from her cheek with her arm before tossing the sickle onto the table.

Sarah came up to her, she was collecting the corn with her telekinesis. The corn floated around her, following her acquiescently in line behind to be placed into the basket. She counted them as she did so.

"97...98...99...100!" She cheered playfully as the corn reached its limit per basket. Smiling at Felicia.

"I have never reaped a lot of corn in my life before, damn it is tiring.." She said, sighing. She sat down on the bench. Her arms rested behind her back on the wooden table. Sarah walked and sat beside her, crossing her legs comfortably on the hot sunny day.

"Why do you want to do this work all of a sudden, you could leave the harvesting to Danial or Maven. Other immortals are available too." She asked. Knowing Felicia, she never thought that Felicia wanted to do the farm work and willingly wanted to. Or maybe it's just Sarah's assumptions about Felicia, being at the top makes her think that she was too divine to do a servant's work like this.

"I observed the farmers, struggling to manage a large farm. Without a proper machine, it is difficult." Felicia answered, not taking her eyes off the farmers and her machine that was operating on the cornfield. "I thought that I could lend a hand..."

"How thoughtful of you. As far as I know, you only cared for yourself..." Sarah teased, poking Felicia with her elbow.

"Ow! Do not hit me!" Felicia jerked at the touch, she let out her egocentric laugh as she yanked away her arm.

'That doesn't hurt, especially for a girl like you...' Sarah assumed. Judging Felicia's attitude with a raised eyebrow. Her mind assumed a comparison between her and the bulky creator,

"You wouldn't feel pain if a girl like me tried my hardest to hurt you."

She gazed at Felicia, feeling a strong urge to speak her mind, but something held her back.

"Danial was busy, and Maven... Huh," Felicia scoffed. "That kid would run away if I forced him to. So I brought you along, I thought that your telekinesis could be a huge help." Felicia shifted her gaze to Sarah with a genuine smile. "And turns out I'm right, It does." She bragged.

"Anyways Felicia, can I ask you something...?" Sarah asked, ignoring the creator's smug manner. There was a few seconds of silence. And then, instead of answering, Felicia nodded. She inclined forward, relaxing her arms on her thighs, and interlaced her hands together.

Sarah took a deep breath and asked. "Are you okay, after what happened?" 

"What do you mean?"

"Naomi."

Felicia's expression changed to disgust, she felt irritated hearing that name. She rolled her eyes away from Sarah and gritted her teeth in silence. She hissed at herself.

Sarah was overwhelmed by regret as she realized that she should not have mentioned that earlier. She now felt guilty, but her curiosity had driven her to ask. She needed to know where she stood in Felicia's mind. She was desperate to find out if she had replaced Naomi, and if their friendship was genuine.