16. Pre-Date Romance

"Where are you taking me on our first date your highness?" Aryaman asked curiously.

"You said that I remind you of who you truly were, so it is something related to that. Go home and change into some super comfortable clothes that doesn't include suits" She said with a mischievous smile.

"Okay" He said unsurely not liking the smile on her face.

"Arey I promise you, you'll love it" She said holding her hands together pleading him to agree.

"Can't I come in this?" He said pointing at his crumpled pants and shirt.

"Definitely not" She gave him a glare.

"What time are we meeting?" He asked knowing that she's stubborn when she wants to be.

"Not before 11. Are you going to be hungry? I can just throw in some veggies and prepare dinner for us then we can go out together" She said folding his blazer.

"You aren't taking me for dinner date?" He asked her shocked because he thought she might have made a similar plan.

"Remember we have to save money and not spend them away. How much will you eat? You just gobbled food in the cafe" She said placing her hands on her waist.

"Am a growing man and a growing man needs to eat. GOBBLED???? I got like what 4-5 fries because the other stuff you ate even from my plate" He crossed his arms and bent his down showing her his glare.

"Haww which growing man? How much more do you want to grow? You want to give inferiority complex to giraffe. Spare the animals atleast" She huffed loudly as if not believing he was so cruel to even torture animals now.

"You know what mind change, I don't want to go on a date" He started walking away from her in arrogance.

"Acha acha I won't tease you. But atleast answer what you'll have for dinner" She ran behind him.

"As if you have groceries at your place" He replied rolling his eyes at her as he continued walking.

"I'd go buy from the shops, they are open 24/7" She took big steps to reach him.

"You don't have to cook for me" He stopped and held her by her arms.

"I was saying it generally" She said looking down at the ground.

"Go home, I'll get the groceries and cook" He placed his index finger under her chin and said.

"But..."

"Not listening to anything. Go home. I'll come by 7- 7:30?" He asked checking with her if it was a good time.

"Thank you" She hugged him lightly as a friendly gesture before taking a step back and walking in the direction of her apartment.

"No worries" He said with a smile and slipped into his car.

Maitri rushed to her apartment trying to hide the blush that crept on her cheeks. She wasn't used to having anyone do anything for her and Aryaman being the first man in her life made her feel respected and loved and wanted.

Aryaman on the other hand called his house caretaker to ask if they could buy him groceries if they weren't busy. The caretakers immediately agreed to buy him whatever he wished for. He confirmed with them twice if they were free and willing to do it. Admit the heavy traffic he managed to reach his penthouse in 30 minutes. 

Placing the car keys on the dining table he saw that all the groceries he had asked for were already bought and placed on the table. He quickly went through them and walked into the walking closet.