31: First date

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The soft breeze of the evening felt quite harsh because of the coldness it carried with it, making the blue-haired lightly shiver at the sensation. Noticing that the other male beside him quickly took off his own long coat and draped it over Taehyung's shoulder, earning a questioning glance.

"What? I don't want to see you freeze like a statue." Wangji defended his action instantly, which sounded very odd, but Taehyung giggled out hearing that, now earning an eye roll from the said male.

"Aww, don't worry, I won't be a statue. At least, not a snowman." Another wave of ice-cold wind made Taehyung's hair swish with it, making him huff when some fringes poked his eyes.

Wangji bit his lips, averting his eyes to look ahead to where they would be getting their drinks. After a long study session at the library, they decided to have something warm to fill up their cold stomach. The former suggested getting the coffee from the nearby stall, which was quite famous for their tastes. As Taehyung wasn't much fond of coffee, he opted for hot chocolate.

"Mr. Xiao!" The counterman shouted the name, and the male quickly went to get the drinks, coming with rushed steps to hand one to Taehyung, who muttered a small thanks.

"You never mentioned your family, Taehyung." Wangji started when they started walking back to the campus while sipping the drinks.

"Well, you never asked before, and as much as I remember," Taehyung turned to face the other with a raised brow. "You haven't told me about you too."

"Well, you never asked before." Both chuckled when Wangji mimicked Taehyung, finding the time really comfortable.

Besides Hoseok, Taehyung realized that Wangji was really a nice boy. Caring, humble, friendly, bubbly, and very understanding. Not only that, he had that aura, which made him quickly comfortable around him even when he was mostly reserved with his other classmates to some extent.

"So?"

Sighing lightly, Taehyung looked down at the concrete road. "My grandfather raised me, and now, I'm all alone." Skipping many things of his past, he stated rather nonchalantly, with enough sign that he didn't like the topic.

"I wish I could even say so." Taehyung found his eyes moving up to find a very sad smile on Wangji's face. "I'm an orphan, raised in an orphanage. My childhood was... it was like a curse that I passed somehow, but it still haunts me." The smile was long gone, and the glint in his eyes screamed pain, stirring Taehyung's own sad memories of being abandoned.

"Oh, it really tastes amazing." Suddenly shaking his head and beaming as if he didn't just expose his other side, Wangji pointed at his coffee.

Taehyung licked his lips and softly patted his shoulder, taking him off guard as his face showed it very clearly. "If it hurts, you don't need to hide it. And if it gets out of hand, I'm here to hear you out."