SIX

The next morning, Maria knocked at my door bright and early

The next morning, Maria knocked at my door bright and early. "Mr.DeLuca says to be ready within the hour." She rolls in beautiful luggage as I drag myself out of bed and towards the shower.

If this man expected me to be ready in an hour, he was even crazier than I thought. Taking my sweet time, I shave every inch of my skin leaving it silky smooth.

After blow-drying my hair, I return to my room wrapped in a soft robe. I glance between my bags and the luxurious bags Elio had so graciously given me.

After a short debate, I shyly grab a white sundress with delicate flowers and puffy sleeves. Stepping into the white heels that were among the clothing, I pack everything else into the expensive-looking duffel bag.

A few hours later, I had finally finished. Before my hand can grasp the nob, a sharp knock sounds at the door. "Lina, are you ready? We were supposed to leave an hour ago." I roll my eyes at his short tone.

Opening up the door, I'm met with the smell of his aftershave. He wore his usual suit and Italian loafers, his hair slicked back. His eyes glance down my dress, stopping where the slit exposed my smooth thigh.

Looking back up at me, his eyes darken. "You look beautiful, bambola." His voice sent chills down my spine as I glance away from him. I let out a small thank you while picking up my bag.

His large hand envelops mine as he grabs the bag from me and swings it over his shoulder. I watch the veins in his hand and arms bulge while he grasps at it. I run my gaze over him, my eyes growing heavy with lust. He was certainly handsome.

He clears his throat, causing me to snap back to reality. I bite down on my lip and walk out of the room, embarrassment creeping up my stomach.

He totally just caught me checking him out. I shake my head at my stupidity, he's holding me captive and works for the mafia. What am I thinking?

I feel his presence close behind me as we walk down the stairs and towards the door. Maria stood in the living room, her bags in hand.

I smiled, thankful that she would be joining us. I wonder who was going to be there. Elio had said it was his family home, did he have siblings?

And what about his parents? Will they be kind? My mind races as we drive towards the airport, I'm assuming. Everyone had been deadly quiet, I didn't dare breathe a word.

Panic surged through me as we pull into an abandoned field. Was he going to kill me? My heart begins to race as I look around frantically, searching for an emergency escape plan.

I panic more as I realize there was no escape, the three burly gentlemen that accompanied us made sure of that.

Suddenly, an airport strip comes into view, revealing a lavish-looking plane. As we pull onto the tarmac, everyone piles out. Elio barks an order to the guys who joined us, they began loading our bags with no hesitation.