19. Dr. Nidhi Shah

"We need to go" He held Maitri's hand and pulled her out of the house. He went downstairs to get the car while she locked the house.

She quickly settled in the car.

"How is Nitya?" She asked worriedly.

"Not good. Raj has found Nidhi's contact so we are going to her hospital to talk to her" He replied giving her the phone to help him with the locations.

"Who is she?" She asked pointing her hand in right direction. Aryaman turned towards right.

"She's our friend from diaper days. Princess of Ujwalgadh. Dad and her mother happened to be friends so we too became friends. After university finished, we couldn't get her contact. We called her, sent her emails and once even went to her home but it was as if she disappeared from the face of the earth" He explained to her his connection with Nidhi to Maitri.

"Should I be worried?" She asked teasingly.

"Ewww noo. Nidhi and I, yuck. She... she was infuriating. Hair in a bob cut, wore only jumpsuits and pants. The one time she dressed like a girl, we bullied her into changing back to what she wore. Ragging and playing sports was more of her thing. It was as if god wanted her to be a boy but then the sperm hit the wrong gene and she was born a girl." He laughed remembering how his friend looked like that last time they saw her.

"So she was a tomboy?" She asked.

"She was more boy than anyone one of us were. She loved talking, you could place her infront of a wall, she'll talk to the wall. She was way too extroverted for her own good. Whenever we got in trouble, we used to push her infront because only she knows how she convinced the proffeseurs into not suspending us." He said looking at Maitri who looked at him exccitedly.

"She sounds like Anjali from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" Maitri said with a dreamy expression.

"Anjali loved Rahul who was nothing more than a fuckboy. Anjali changed her whole appearance so she would be accepted. This Anjali we are talking about is badass. She doesn't give a fuck about what anyone thinks about her. She never had a female friend which got her attention of mean girls who called her some really bad stuff but this girl, she'd burn you down to ashes and you won't even know what happened. She is not a bichari type of a girl, she knows how to protect herself" He replied parking into the hospital parking lot.

"I really want to meet her now. I think both of us would be great friends, what say?" She quickly rushed to his side.

"You both will vibe so well that all of us will need to stuff cotton balls in our ears. You'll love her and she'll love you too. But don't forget you belong to me not to her. Nidhi's got a thing with impressing people and I don't you impressed by anyone else who is not me" He said pulling her cheeks which she slapped away.

"Hey look a green monster is behind you and he's saying he's your jealousy, is it true?" She asked with a pout.

"Its called being territorial babes, territorial" He held her hand and walked inside the hospital and asked the receptionist for Nidhi.

"She's assisting in a surgery right now, can you wait?" The receptionist asked.

"Will you please inform her that Raj's daughter Nitya has a hole in her heart?" Aryaman asked politely.

"Does she know these people?" The receptionist looked at the couple confused.

"She does. Please inform her ASAP the young girl's health is detoriating rapidly" His grip on Maitri's hand tightened. She rubbed her thumbpad on his skin calming him down.