Chapter-11

Hello my lovely readers,

here is the new chapter.

please vote and recommend INAYAT.

enjoy reading.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INAYAT POV: -

I've been mulling over Veer's words about giving us a chance. So, I decide to try, not for me, but for him. We are currently en route to a destination known only to Veer.

Half an hour later, we find ourselves in front of a mall. But even before we reach there, the paparazzi are already swarming the place. I've never been one for attention and if Veer senses this, he takes my hand, shields me with his body, and navigates through the media as they barrage us with questions. "Mr. Singhania, who is she?" "Is she your girlfriend?" "Is it true you are forming an alliance to expand your company?" Numerous people ask different questions but Veer remains unfazed. Of course, he's no stranger to this kind of attention.

"That was intense. How do you handle them?" I ask as we walk through the mall. "I don't," he replies nonchalantly. I look at him, confused. "Oh my sweet cupcake," he says, "the job of the media is to interfere in our lives, gather information, and sell it to viewers or create rumors. Giving them attention will only attract them more towards us. It's better to stay quiet when you're surrounded by them." He holds my hand and leads me to a footwear showroom.

"I have sandals; we don't need to buy new ones," I protest as he asks the manager to show us some options. "You will not say no to anything today. Let me spoil my cupcake. And don't forget we are still on a date," he says with a smile. The manager brings out beautiful sandals, heels, and shoes. I like every piece but Veer dismisses each one.

"Bring that one," Veer points towards a pair set aside in a box. "But sir, it's a limited edition and is worth Rs.60,000," the manager says looking at me apprehensively but Veer cuts him off mid-sentence, "Rs.60,000? I thought it was expensive. Bring it now!" he orders sternly. "Veer, it's too costly; I can't wear it," I protest but his stern glare silences me.

(I think Veer has read twisted love, Alex give him some good lessons 😂.)

The manager is about to help me into the heels when Veer stops him. I look at him, confused. "What happened?" I ask. He takes the shoe from the manager and starts to put it on my foot himself, causing my eyes to widen in surprise. "Veer, stand up! What are you doing? Everyone is looking," I hiss at him. "I don't care about anyone," he says dismissively, finishing helping me into the shoe.

"Walk and see if you're comfortable," he instructs. I nod and take a few steps. "Yes, it's okay," I confirm. "Pack this," Veer orders the manager. "Veer, I think we should choose another one; this is too expensive," I protest. "No, you will wear this and that's final," he declares, paying for it.