20. Slow Bonding

Aryaman and Maitri remained by Raj and Yukti's side all night until Nidhi and another doctor cleared that Nitya was out of danger.

Raj and Yukti asked the twins and Maitri to go home and change as they looked like hell. Reluctantly they left for Maitri's house first.

Aviraj opened the door next to driver's seat for Maitri who shook her head laughing and sat in the back seat.

"That seat was for you" Aviraj sat in complainingly making her laugh more.

"What happened?" Aryaman sat in the car and asked.

"Nothing just your to-be wife doesn't want to sit beside you in the car" Aviraj looked at Maitri teasingly. Aryaman turned around to look at her.

"Gosh stop intimidating me like that. I thought you'd want to sit with your brother so that's why I sat behind" She said looking away from the two intense glares.

"Awww how considerate" Aviraj turned to Aryaman and gave a dreamy look which made Aryaman glare at him. Maitri shifted in her seat and sat exactly in the middle of backseat.

"Aviraj" She placed her elbows on her knees and held her face in her hands.

"Yeah?" Aviraj replied happily.

"Was there some History between you and Nidhi?" She asked teasingly which indeed made Aviraj blush slightly.

"Seriously history? There was no history between us. We were friends just like your to-be husband and Nidhi. Just friends" He replied looking away from her.

"He means that though there was no history between them but there was electrifying chemistry which even our professors had sensed except the two" Aryaman looked at Aviraj trying to hide his smile.

"Oh please Aryu, there was literally nothing between me and Nidhi. We were just good friends" Aviraj held onto his side tightly.

"Really??? I thought that I saw the 'Ankhon mein teri' moment. I'll agree with Maan here, there's still the ELECTRIFYING CHEMISTRY" She said in a serious tone telling him that even though her refused to accept but to the world it definitely looked like something.

"Ugghh, you are annoying, I hope you know that" Aviraj looked at her with a fake glare to which she responded. with a wider smile.

"More than Divi?" She asked with a wink, trying to tease him with her sister.

"Yes more than her even. In comparison to you, she's a saint and no I don't like your sister that way, she's my friend, best friend" He said in a serious tone, not wanting Maitri to take any wrong image of him and Divya who he was friends with.

"Okay okay got it. But what about Nidhi? Something something?" She wiggled her eyebrows and asked him. Aryaman too looked at Aviraj questioningly though he knew the answer.

"I really really hate you right now. In school and university days I had a crush on her which crashed as soon as we passed out of university" Aviraj said looking ahead on the road while Aryaman smiled content that atleast Aviraj wasn't hiding his feelings.

"Avirajjjj, what are you waiting for now? Take your chance with her now" She tapped his shoulder telling him to lay his moves right to get Nidhi.

"Hmm" Aviraj replied distractedly.

"By the way Avi, tell her about the first time you flirted with a girl" Aryaman nudged Aviraj with a mischievous glint. Seeing excitement on Aryaman's face, Maitri looked at Aviraj curiously.