14: Siblings

Chapter 14

Alessandro "Sandro" Dmitriy Vasiliev Di Luca is the second son of the currently missing Italian Don, Luciano Di Luca, and the deceased cardiothoracic surgeon Oksana Vasiliev. Being the second son, Sandro is regarded as the spare to his older brother, Enzo, who is only a year older than him. But despite this, Sandro never had anything against his older brother or his station as the spare. The Di Luca's second son is known as the calculating and dangerously skilled soldier of the Italian Mafia, serving as the consigliere and underboss.

Dark shadow of rumours would always swirl around the second Di Luca brother. Some of them are true, and most are a little far-fetched. And like his uncle and the rest of his brothers, no one really knows much about the enigmatic Alessandro. But everyone agrees in the underworld that out of all the Di Luca brothers, Sandro is the devil incarnate when it comes to the art of killing, as it is basically his main job. Many even say that Sandro has killed more people than Enzo and their father.

When he is not killing, Sandro likes taking countless lovers left and right in clubs and brothels. He has no preference with the lovers he would take and bed with, be it a woman or a man, or how many they are for that matter; he simply doesn't care as long as his sexual desire is fulfilled. Alessandro is the type of person who fights to get what he wants.

They called Sandro The Soldier not because of his position in the Italian Mafia but because he's the soldier who is the best of the best; he is also known as The Casanova because of his reputation for having many lovers.

However, there is more to something than meets the eye when it comes to a man like Alessandro Dmitriy Vasiliev Di Luca.

***

-Alessandro Di Luca-

I'm a man who knows exactly what he wants.

No bullshit is needed.

And whatever I want, I make sure I get it. Whatever it takes, I fight for it, and I don't stop until I get it for myself because it's what I want. Simple as that.

I've always been like this, since I was a kid. I'd beat the hell out of my brothers, throw the worst tantrums, manipulate, and guilt-trip both my parents until I got what I wanted.

I was seven when I realised that I liked both girls and boys, and I was ten when I told my mamma and papa about it. Both of them gave me different advice. My dear mamma told me to always follow my heart. Papa told me that it doesn't matter what or who I like as long as I continue to be the best at everything I do; it wouldn't matter to anyone, and I'd always get everything I want.

I continue to follow both of their advices to this day.

Lorenzo was the firstborn son, so naturally he's the heir to our papa's businesses, both legal and illegal, and ever since papa had been missing, Enzo instantly became the CEO of the Di Luca Corporation and became the Don to the Italian Mafia. My older brother is perfect for both jobs; he's a natural-born leader and boss at the same time, and we honestly could never ask for a better man on the job than him. But I'd never tell him that.

I'm happy and proud of my older brother, and I was never once bitter for being second to him. Besides, I could never see myself doing his tiresome and tedious job. Being a leader and boss was never meant for me. Sitting behind the desk, doing mountains of paper work, going to endless meetings, checking every product, and so on and so forth. I loathed it. I'm more of a man who enjoys the action, thrill, and danger of being the assassin of our mafia, although it's not exactly my main job. I prefer doing all of the dirty jobs to doing whatever Enzo does.