CHAPTER 15: THE VISION

"What the hell was that..." she muttered as she massaged her temple. Everything felt surreal to her as she could feel the sharp pain from the sword that the Felicia in her dreams plunged into her heart.

"Shit..." she cussed, thinking about how terrible her dream was. It was definitely something that the original Felicia might do but it's not even in the novel that she had real because Felicia's death was through fire.

Her heart was rapidly beating inside her as if it was pumping blood every second. She was still gasping, close to feeling calm at this point. There was something about her dream that made her feel like Felicia who was in the dream was her.

The feelings, the emotions, and even how Felicia cried felt like it was her all along. Her genuine expressions sure are far from how she acted now but it felt true to the point that she can't differentiate between the dream and reality if it's not for her attitude.

"Noctua...?" She tried to call out the bird that may help her answer her question about the dream. Since the bird claimed that it was a guardian sent by the goddess, then wouldn't it have an idea about her hideous dream?

Just as she called the bird, the bird flew out from the dark corner of her room, landed on her lap proficiently and looked at her with a confused expression on its face. It was like it was asking her about what happened and why she called the Noctua.

"I-I had a dream... An awful one... It's scary..." She said, informing the Noctua who was tilting its head as if it was trying to understand what she meant. Seeing that Noctua was listening, she inhaled first and exhaled to calm down her racing heart.

"You see in my dream, I was there praying at the goddess when all of a sudden, Helena schemed to me, pouring the water on my head while she poured the remaining water into her and faked her fall. It resulted in an argument with me and the Marquis Liam, the Crown Prince and Helena. I was shunned so I ran away and found myself in a space wherein it was all greenery except for the sword that was stuck into the stone so I pulled it and pushed it into my heart. My heart then let out a jewel made of Ruby before I died. What does it mean, Noctua?" Felicia asked after summarising her dream towards the bird.

"That's a vision." The Noctua answered calmly to Felicia. Felicia then frowned, her brows furrowed as her eyes flashed with confusion, the answer that she was not expecting to come out from the bird.

She was expecting that he would tell her that it was an ordinary dream and nothing to worry about but the Noctua seemed like he understood the question and knew something about it.

"W-what?" Felicia asked with uncertainty in her voice. Vision? Wasn't she a Saintess only capable of healing? Why is she now having a vision? And what's her vision all about? Wasn't that a weird dream only?

"It's a vision. Every saint is exposed to dreams that will eventually happen. Simply put, your dreams have meanings and they may happen in the near future. And since you have your first mission, it seems that your first mission is to acquire the holy sword." The Noctua said, explaining how vision works.

"What? I thought Saintesses were only capable of healing. Why didn't I know about this?" She asked. "And isn't this the Pope's ability? To see the future? Aren't Popes granted with visions?" Felicia asked, looking at the bird in front of her.

"No, the Saintess can also adapt to a skill other than healing. It could be the power to leap through time, resurrection, death-bringer, and skills that could be beneficial to the saintess. It seems that in your case, the Goddess has gifted you a skill to see the future through your dreams so expect that your dreams will become more and more weirder and bizarre." The Noctua explained.