Chapter 12

Celeste Pov

"Papa, why do I have really long names?" I asked curiously.

After the incident that happened days ago, hindi ko na nakakasalubong pa ang katulong na nang-insulto sa akin.

Hindi ko nga alam kung buhay pa siya
o patay na.

"Having long names consider to show their high place in the society. Leanor are mostly given to the first born daughter or girl in our family, which is you. Ophelia originally means serpent which symbolize transformation, rebirth and inner healing. While on the other hand Estelle means star. You see on the night that you were born one star appeared on the night sky, although it was alone it still manage to gleam brightly in the midsts of darkness. As for Emilia, meaning ambitious I want you to grow cold but gentle, kind but fierce, generous but selfish and ambitious but sweet. Where as Celeste originally came from the latin word which means heavenly. It was also the name your mother pick and gave to you which is quite similar to her's. Although Azora meant to be sky blue but mainly I choose it because I want it to be similar to mine. And finally your last name Richendra which simply means 'Powerful ruler' " mahabang paliwanag niya. I stared at him at awe. Hindi ko alam na may history pala ang bawat pangalan ko.

"Eh si mama, anong pangalan niya?" Mahinang tanong ko sa kanya.

"Calista." he answered bitterly although his face was serious his eyes show longing, sadness and hatred?.

I didn't ask again. I stayed still and quiet lost in my own thoughts.

"Why don't we get ice cream and have a stroll around the park" he suggested trying to enlighten my mood, which of course work. I mean who doesn't like ice cream.

I am lost. I don't know where I am. Or which way I came from. I am simply lost with no way to go back home.

You see I went out to eat ice cream with papa, like he promised. But being a careless and stupid child I am, I got lost.

Now I'm sitting on a bench with Ren wrapped around my neck. Speaking of Ren she's already two now unlike the first time I saw her, she was really small, but now, she's even longer than a branch of stick.

I pouted and sighed stressfully.

"May I sit beside you little lady?" An old man asked, asking for permission. He looks like his around his mid-fifties. I nod my head and scooted slightly in the side and let him sit beside me.

I stared at him curiously. He's hair were white. And you know what the funny thing is? It has the same shade of white like mine, well minus the silver outline of course. His eyes were also pink.

"I know I'm handsome child. You don't have to make it obvious" he blurted cooly. I felt my cheeks heating up in embarrassment. Ganun naba ako ka halata?.

"I was.... I was not staring at you mister! I was staring at the kite" pag dadahilan ko at pilit iniiwas ang mga paningin ko sa kanya.

"If you say so" he replied shortly.

I look at Ren when I felt her hissed at the man sitting beside me.

"He's a friend Ren" I assured her and carried her on my arms.

"Is she your pet, not really a good choice for a pet. Especially for a little girl like you" he advised.

"Umm. Did I ask your opinion" I asked in a deadpanned manner.

I looked at him confused when he laughed out loud, I cautiously roamed my eyes around the whole park looking so shy and embarrassed because everyone was already staring at us.

God knows how much I want to run away from this man and tell them that I don't know him and he just got out from the mental hospital.

"Gods, you remind me so much of my daughter" he said still chuckling. Okay, this guy has a serious mental problem.

"I didn't ask" I informed and rolled my eyes at him.

He chuckled. Looking at me amuse and amaze.

"But seriously, you really remind me of my daughter. Now that I  think of it you guys has somewhat resemble each other" he added. Ngumiwi ako habang tinititigan siya, malala na siya.

"You see my daughter went through a lot of pain because of me. I  separated her from the man he cares and loves the most and force her to rule an empire she never wanted to do in the first place" malungkot na saad niya at binigyan ako ng mapait na ngiti.

"Your stupid" I answered truthfully. Iwan ko ba at bakit ganun na lang ang sama ng loob ko sa lalaking to na para bang may malaki siyang kasalanan na nagawa sakin.

"I know, I probably deserve that" nahihiyang tugon niya. Agad akong napangiwi, may kahihiyan pa pala ang matandang to. Akala ko kasi kapal lang ng mukha niya ang meron siya.

"You know mister I don't know your story or what you did in the past but I know for sure that you deserve to be forgiven. God offered to sacrifice himself and died on the cross in order to pay for our sins, didn't he. If God can forgive us from all the sins we committed. Then we can too. Atsaka tao lang din naman tayo diba, lahat tayo nagkakamali kasi hindi naman tayo perpekto. Siguro naligaw ka lang ng landas kaya mo nagawa yun. Kaya huwag kang mag-alala mister alam kung balang-araw matututunan ka ring mahalin at patawarin ng anak mo. Atsaka Isa pa sino ba naman ako para husgahan ka diba, it's your life I'm sure you had your reasons. Lahat naman siguro ng tao may rason kaya sila nakakagawa ng masama diba?" I advised and gave him a gentle smile.

"Your parents are probably really lucky to have a very understanding daughter like you" he complemented.

I gave him a genuine smile and hummed as an agreement. He's actually not that bad.

"Anyways what's your name child?" He suddenly asked.

"Papa said don't trust anyone but since your already old I'll answer your questions. Hello mister I'm Celeste. What's your name?" I introduced myself and give him a toothy smile, he frowned by my insult and sighed deeply probably trying so hard not to slap me.

"Well hello to you too Celeste. My name is Caleb" he introduced back and shake our hands together.

"Celeste?!!" An oddly familiar voice shouted from behind us. It was papa running towards us.

A warm pair of firm arms encircled my small waist causing me to gasped in surprise. I felt being tickled by the breeze of warm breath hitting the crook of my neck. I felt his embrace tighten as if he was so scared to lose me. At some point I suddenly felt guilty for making my father worried like this.

"Gods, don't.... don't leave me like that Celeste. I was so worried" malamig na babala niya. Despite the coldness of his voice. His amethyst eyes reflect both worries and relief.

"I'm sorry papa" I apologize.

"Long time no see Rince" I look at the old man named Caleb when I heard him greet my father. How did he know my father? Are they close?.

*******
Note: I forgot to update this part. I was really busy with school work and I'm honestly exhausted.

I deleted a part which I honestly find so cringe. I may do this often if I have time. I'll do some few editing on few of the chapter.

"Not all we see is true"