33: Never happened

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The loud barking of a stray dog rendered Taehyung to blink his eyes the whole night, and even if it wasn't the sole reason, he decided to keep it as one because the other reason was bugging him more.

After every interval of five minutes, his gaze was back on his phone that he later found inside his pants pocket, only to find it without any notification from specific someone. His heart was restless for the whole while as his fingers itched to call the contact displayed on the screen.

The hushed voice from his living room made him walk there after he was done with his morning routine, only to find Yeonjun and Hyuna setting the breakfast on the coffee table.

It looked like they were arguing, but keeping it low so as not to disturb his sleep, and it made his lips curve lightly. "What's wrong with you two? So calm and collected under each other's radar."

Hyuna straightened her back to see Luna standing there with a subtle smile, but what made her heart sad were the swollen bags underneath and the reddish lines inside those almond eyes. He must have had a tough night on his own.

"Hyung, she was teasing me for burning the omelet that I definitely didn't do on purpose, humph." Hyuna rolled her eyes not before delivering a smack on his head as she moved to urge Taehyung to the couch.

"Have some 'burnt' breakfast he made for you while I get you some juice."

Taehyung knew something was not so right, but he dismissed it and went with the flow that made him end up in the university with Wangji trailing behind to the library.

Checking his phone every now and then, he felt disappointed as Jungkook hadn't messaged him, and it was now around afternoon. It never happened in the past week when the male regularly wished him good morning with sweet words, and today, it wasn't there.

"Taehyung, are you alright, bud?" Wangji, who had a pen in between his fingers but eyes fixed on the trudging male in front, asked out in the end.

The blue-haired stopped, dropping his bag on the ground beside the chair he selected, and the former did the same, still waiting for an answer.

"You can tell me anything, you know that, right?" Taehyung felt heartwarming. The number of good-hearted people he got to know recently was overwhelming, and unknowingly, his eyes teared up, which caught the attention of already attentive Wangji.

"Taehyung?! What's wrong?"

Even when he took the last event lightly in front of the youngsters, he was badly shaken up. The blood from Jungkook's shoulder still felt fresh on his hands that were now resting on the table.

Wangji rushed to sit beside Taehyung and softly squeezed the right hand that was slightly shaking on the table. "Did... did something happen? If you want, you can take off, and I'll inform your supervisor."

"Someone got hurt while protecting me." The tall male frowned lightly, not getting the context, but when the words seeped in, his eyes widened.

"How? Are you alright? You aren't hurt anywhere, right?!"

"I'm fine... it will be all OK." Taehyung wanted to tell everything he was going through, but deep down, he did not feel good about sharing this thing and regretted blurting out what he had done a moment ago.