DOCTOR WHO: S1E1 'STARMAN Part 1'

PROLOGUE:

Crashing. They were undoubtedly crashing, The Doctor was making sure of that. The Doctor was a bald man, wiser and older than his skin showed.
"You need to get to an escape pod." The Doctor explained in his deep authoritative voice.
"No, not without you." Carla said. Carla was a young Lusaoian woman, she had always wanted to explore the universe but not like this, not with this much crashing and murderous robots.
The Doctor rolled his eyes at Carla's comment. "Always with the talking back." He said to himself as he rushed about the console room, pressing buttons and flicking levers with wild abandon.
"You've done so much for me," Carla pleaded. "Just let me do this for you."
Suddenly, a vibration came from within The Doctor's blazer pocket, he reached into it and pulled out a mobile phone. He held it up to his ear and spoke.
"Hello?"
He looked over to Carla, confused.
"Hi," The voice on the other end said. "We have a toilet overflowing."
"I'm sorry, you have a what?" The Doctor asked. He was sure that this was a prank call.
"You're a plumber, right?" The voice asked, sounding rather genuine for a prank.
"No, of course I'm not a-"
An explosion cut the Doctor off, shaking the ship, nearly knocking him and Carla off their feet.
"What was that?" The voice asked, rather worried.
"Oh nothing, just a bit of an explosion, that's all." The Doctor responded, less worried.
"Are you okay?"
"Yes, sorry, I'm just trying to crash a spaceship." The Doctor said, pointing his sonic screwdriver at a server board.
"Doctor?" Carla said.
The Doctor turned around, his face tensing as a Cyberman stomped into the room.
"Hold on, let me just put you on hold."
The Cyberman raised its arm, shooting a laser out of its wrist gun, hitting The Doctor in the stomach, causing the phone to fall out of his hands.
"This ship will not crash." The Cyberman spoke with its robotic voice.
The Doctor stared the robot into its dark eyes that were more like abysses than eyes. Slowly, he backed up, grabbing onto Carla's hand. They then ran through the spaceship's corridors, looking for the escape pods. The Doctor opened one of the pod's large metal doors with his screwdriver.
"Alright, get in." He instructed Carla.
"No." She insisted. "Just you."
She pushed The Doctor into the pod, quickly pressing the button to close the door. The Doctor rushed up to the door, trying to open it.
"Carla!" He shouted. "Let me out! Come on!"
He slammed his hands against the pod's door.
"I'm sorry." Carla said before the escape pod shot out of the ship, soaring over the skyline of a city that The Doctor immediately identified as London...

DOCTOR WHO
SERIES 1, EPISODE 1
"STARMAN"
WRITTEN BY JUNO TAYLOR

CHAPTER ONE: Liam

On that fateful Tuesday, Liam Baker, a young man with brown messy hair who was very clearly no older than 23, was sitting on a couch eating a diagonally-cut slice of buttered toast- Liam was very particular about the way his toast was cut- watching some show on the TV that ranted and raved about everything but somehow nothing at the exact same time.
"I don't get how you believe this stuff." Liam said, to someone who had just walked into the room.
This newly arrived someone was Quinn. Quinn was very almost the exact same age as Liam, give or take a few months, and had more organised hair than Liam, and far darker hair than Liam.
Liam and Quinn had met in college and instantly clicked, so much that six short years later they were officially boyfriends living in a rather small flat in London- Quinn had used the last of his inheritance money to buy it.
"What do you mean?" Quinn asked, sitting down on the sofa next to Liam.
"The show is claiming that Bubble Shock was alien." Liam answered.
Quinn sipped on his coffee before replying. "It was alien."
"No, don't get me started." Liam retorted. "It wasn't alien, it was just a crappy drink."
"An alien crappy drink." Quinn hit back, beginning their verbal tennis game.
"No, it was just crappy."
"Okay then, what was Bane?"
"It was like a plant or something."
"I don't know what to tell you, it was alien."
Liam laughed. "I don't think the FDA would allow them to put alien in a drink."
"And yet they did." Quinn said, taking one last sip of his coffee before deciding that it was, in fact, the worst coffee that anyone had ever made and placing it down on the coffee table.
"You're insane." Liam teased, smiling ear to ear.
"Nope, I'm just right." Quinn teased back, smiling equally as wide.
Suddenly, as if on perfect cue, Liam's phone began to play a tune, but not a pleasant tune, a tune that signalled it was time for Liam to go work.
"I wish they didn't make you work so long." Quinn said.
"Someone has to work there." Liam shrugged before standing up, grabbing his backpack and heading towards the door.
"Hurry back." Quinn said, blowing a kiss.
"I always do." Liam responded, blowing one back.
Liam left the flat, leaving Quinn sitting alone debating whether or not to try and make a better coffee.