| 01|

༊˚ 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐘 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

Graduation day.

A day to the new beginnings. New life. New journey. Everything's just too new about this day and I thought it will be new for me too. Besides, I didn't know what new thing was going to start for me. I knew there will be struggles because as they say, life isn't just rainbows and sunshine even if you're filthy rich or a broke poor thing.

Life isn't just fair with anyone in this world.

Yesterday was my graduation day. I finally got my bachelor's degree in fashion designing. And I wasn't a bit surprised to know that I had topped the class. I stood there on the stage as valedictorian, staring at the people whose names I don't even know despite learning with them for four years.

How could I know when I never bothered to be associated with anyone except for only one person?

Fredrick. My ride or die best friend. The only person I have trusted with my soul ever since the day I placed my foot in London. When my nervous eyes landed on his pride, he passed me a bright smile, raising his fist in the air and I could hear his voice saying, "You got this shit, ma Belle!" with his French accents. I nodded in his direction and looking over other faces, I realized that no one was actually familiar there.

All those faces and none of them were my parents. I wasn't surprised so I started my speech. It was initially too long but I kept it short. "Today is not the end of our tests and we also haven't got our results yet. Infact, today is the day we begin our tests and see what our results are going to be. Life.. won't be easy on all of us always but we can make it through no matter what! All the very best everyone! We did it!"

I added in the end and then got off the stage. "You nailed it, baby!" Fredrick pulled me in a hug as I let myself lose in his arms. "Thank you!" I exclaimed, pulling away from him not forgetting to settle the cap on his head. "Guys!" His mother yelled out to us and then we clicked some pictures together. I didn't like to admit it but seeing everyone enjoying themselves with their parents made me kind of jealous.

I still was doing good with my smile and talking to the teachers. Until I received a call from my mother. Kang Yeonjin, never calls unless she wants something and yet I hoped that she'd called to congratulate me but turns out the mother dearest was asking for her doting daughter to pack her shit and get her ass home in Korea.

No questions were asked. She hung up the phone after saying that she is glad I'm done with my degree. I inhaled a deep breath and walked to the rooftop to enjoy the last scenery. Fredrick followed me a few minutes later. He was disappointed to know that I was leaving. "So you're not even staying for the Graduation party?" He questioned. "As if I had attended that thing." I narrowed my eyes on him. "God! Are you seriously the Kang Yeonjin's daughter?"