Wish you dead?

Sthembiso's POV

"What?" asks Amu. "You need to move in with Sthembiso." says dad. "We living with daddy?" asks Sino. "I think I will take a walk with them to give you guys space." says Mihlali. "Please do." "Come guys let's go we will be back." They get off the bed and head out with Mihlali. "I think I might be hearing things."

"You have to Amukelani." says her dad. "I'm more than capable of looking after myself." says Amu. "I did not say you can't." "Then why are you doing this to me?" "For your safety. You almost lost your life here and we don't know how far these people are willing to go to harm you." "But what does me moving in with Sthembiso have to do with anything."

"Amukelani I know you see my reasoning and it needs to be done. We've talked to Sthembiso and his okay with it. This is for your safety and Asante's safety." says her dad. "Angivumelani ngento niyenzayo." says Amukelani. (I don't agree with what you doing.) "Are you going to move back to Joburg?" "No my home is here." "Then you have to move in."

"Is there any other option?" she asks. "Unfortunately there isn't." answers dad. "Sthembiso are you okay with this." "It's for your safety and our daughter's." She sighs. "You guys love seeing me unhappy." "I'm sorry but we don't have a choice. Once another alternative plan avails itself we will take it." "Fine."

"You will have to make it work." says her dad. "Not that I have a choice or anyways." she mumbles. "That's what I wanted to tell you." "Such great news to receive on a late Sunday evening." We chuckle. "You will be okay unless you want to move back to Joburg." "No it's fine." They nod.

"When are you getting discharged?" asks her dad. "Tomorrow if everything else is still good." she answers. "I'll come and check on you before you leave." "Okay baba." "Sizokhuluma ksasa." (We will talk tomorrow.) "Bye." They both stand up and leave. She stares at me for a while before she looks away.

I can't bring myself to look her in the eye after what happened last night. I shouldn't have offered to stay with her because look where it has put us now. I don't want to call this akwardness but rather tension between us and it's growing bigger by the second.

"Are we okay?" she asks. "Meaning?" I ask. "I'm sorry for what happened between us last night. I pushed the line by allowing you to stay when I knew it would overcomplicate our situation. We've been coming along very well and i would hate to ruin things between us." "I'm the one that should be sorry because I asked when I shouldn't have. I pushed a boundary I wasn't supposed to."

"We cool now?" she asks. "We cool." I answer and she smiles a bit. The door opens and Mihlali walks in with the kids. Sino climbs on the bed and sits on her mother's lap. I don't know how i will adjust to living with her and Sino. I'm happy to have Sino everyday but having Amukelani around I'm not so sure.

I'm glad we talked things out now but I don't know how this living arrangement will work out for the both of us. "I think I'll get going." says Mihlali. "Okay I shall see you when I see you." says Amukelani. "I will call you tomorrow." "Can we go with you mama." says Simengenkosi. "Okay let's go." She takes her crutches and stands up and leaves.

"Mamá we live with daddy now?" asks Sino. "Yes we are." she answers. "Happy." "I'm glad you happy too. When mommy gets discharged tomorrow she will pack her bags and then when you get back from school we will be there." "Okay mamá." She kisses her cheek and snuggles closer. We sit together for another hour before I decide we should leave.