What meets the eye?

Sthembiso's POV

"Let me sort out the legal issues of this problem and I'll talk to Langa and see if he can track this message." says Amukelani. Sino comes back with her dolls and she sits down. "This is Queen Miranda and Queen Shekinah." she says. "Where do you get these names from?" I ask.

"We play pretend at school with other kids." she answers. "Do you play with Miranda and Shekinah?" asks Amu. "Sometimes." "Did you have the meeting yet?" "Yes. We are having a lunch now." "Where is the food?" "Oopsie I forgot. Coming now sit still." "Okay we will."

She stands up with her dolls and walks to her kitchen unit. "Isn't the person supposed to be in jail instead of prison throughout the trial?" I ask. "They can be moved to prison and we will say his a flight risk and he needs to be kept in custody until the trial and sentencing is over." she answers.

"Is he held in prison or jail currently?" I ask. "I'm not sure I'll find out tomorrow." she answers. "I'll pay one of the guys a visit so he can prepare for a new guest." "Okay." Sino comes back with our food and we start eating and she continues telling us about the meeting she had with queen Miranda and queen Shekinah.

Ma walks in the playroom and tells us the food is ready. We stand up and I stretch my arms. "Fuck I'm getting old." says Amukelani. "Mamá swear word." says Sino. "I'm sorry but hai it's bad I'm getting old." We chuckle. "It's this chillaxing and running away from the gym." I say. "I'm not running away its just that the problems are after me." We chuckle.

We walk to the kitchen and take our food and we thank ma. "Mamá can I go watch TV." asks Sino. "Yeah you can go. Let's go switch it on for you." answers Amukelani and they walk off with her food. She comes back a few minutes later and starts eating. "When will you pay your jail friend a visit?"

"Tomorrow during lunch time." I answer. "You met him when you were in jail for 24 hours." she says and we chuckle. "No we've been friends for a long time. He just got caught doing bad stuff." "Why didn't you get caught with him." "I'm slicker than him." "Oh please but you were in jail four years back."

"I was framed not that i was actually caught." I say and she laughs. "Now you call it framing." she says and i laugh. "Yes I was 'framed'." I air quote framed and she laughs. "If you weren't framed I would have believed you when you said you slicker than your friend." "I am slicker. Haven't been in the radar for the past four years usually offenders would be back sooner."

She laughs. "If you say so Mr. Slicker." she says and we laugh. "Guess what." "What?" I ask. "I said guess." "I can't guess and I've never liked guessing so you better start talking." She sighs. "Whatever. Your dad told my dad that we were stuck in the elevator." I laugh. "Did your dad at least buy the story?"

"He didn't buy it. He said I have this thing that I do when I'm lying and i didn't even notice it." she answers. "Which is?" I ask. "It's either my eyes twitch or a flash of guilt or regret flashes across my eyes." "Now I know how to catch you." When I asked her in the elevator if she is hiding something else I saw regret fill her eyes but I brushed it off and said I will attend to it later because it wasn't the perfect time to bring something else up but here it is again.

Does this mean she could be hiding something else from me? What could she possibly be hiding this time because it seem like everything has been revealed or has it? "You zoned out yini?" she asks. "Nothing." I answer. We continue eating in silence and when we are finished I take the plates and start washing dishes.

"Should I fetch Sino tomorrow?" I ask. "No it's fine I'll fetch her when I get back from the station." she answers. "Cool." My brain is trying to figure out what else she could be hiding from me. Why is she such a secretive person? For once in her life she must just tell me the truth and leave nothing behind. This is why we would never work out, there are always secrets between us.