Chapter 17 - The Containing One

It was a cloudy day, it can be assured that it was going to downpour at any moment. The gust blew fiercely through Felicia's hair and her loosened ribbon. She leaned on the wall of an alley between the buildings. Folding her arms to her chest, she let out an annoyed sigh.

Sarah stood in front of her, determined to settle the issue they had since their first meeting. Not even a month since they've known, they have already been opposing each other. Sharing intensely death stares and rolled eyes. With the creator's 'tch and tsk' and the physic mage's huffs and puffs.

 Speaking of the mage, she faced Felicia bravely as no one would dare to.

 It was quiet, Felicia looked down on Sarah while she daringly looked into her eyes.

"Listen, I do not have any business with you and I do not owe you anything." The creator spoke at last. "I don't even know you well." She said in a low tone, glaring at Sarah in loathing. She felt irritated by her presence, who was always around prying on her moments with her friends. At this time Felicia was too overprotective of Naomi. She couldn't risk a chance of someone stealing Naomi's time and effort from her.

"So what?" Sarah spat. She was eager to boil the creator's blood, making her rage. After all, the mage was also annoyed, she did nothing wrong and she thought that Felicia was trying to get rid of her for just being friends with Naomi. By means who was she to control someone's social interactions?

"Stop pulling Naomi away from me." She demanded. Felicia's shoulders have straightened in tension from the two-colored hair girl's audacity. She felt like she was such a meddler in her life.

"Judging from these past few days, I saw Naomi began to dislike your company, a lot." She said

"Who are you to say it?" Felicia growled. "And because of you, she felt that way." She added. "You've been here for not even a month, you act like everyone gets along with you..." 

"Sorry, what?"

Sarah opened her mouth to reply but she was silenced by Felicia's harsh words. She kept silent. 

"Hate to break it to you... but.." Felicia looked to the side with a wicked snicker, her pupils dragged along the people who passed by between the narrow alley on the sidewalk. As she was about to continue her words, Sarah cut her off.

"You're controlling Naomi, she doesn't like to be controlled." Sarah implied. It was her turn to cross her arms in annoyance.

"Excuse me?"

Felicia's heart sank for a moment, she felt the girl's words were quite the truth. Then for not long, her ego guarded her back. "I am not controlling her, I am protecting." She said, denying Sarah to the fullest.

"Especially from people like you." Her eyes darted up and down at Sarah's appearance, being judgemental as she was. Her action made Sarah feel a wave of insecurity inside but she tried her best to not show it and it worked.

"From someone who said she doesn't know me? I think you're just a disparaging person."

"You're the one who thinks like that." Felicia sighed, she raked her hand through her hair in frustration.

Sarah rolled her eyes, she felt that arguing with her led to no end, it felt like it could go on forever. Regardless, her determination to bring the creator's pride never faded. It was so exhausting and entertaining at the same time. She wondered how the sweet, loveable caring Naomi had a close friend who was like a deadly monstrosity from behind. How she could tame such menace?

A loud thunder stopped their quarrel. The lightning flashed on their face, both looked up to see the dark clouds. Felicia hoped that the noisy immortal in front of her had come to her end talking gibberish. She craved a nice nap at home in this cold weather.

"Too bad you couldn't see, how Naomi felt around you, you're not a good friend if you keep acting like that." She provoked. Her words made Felicia return conscious of her pleasant thoughts and brought her back to reality.

"You talk as if you're better than me." Felicia grumbled furiously. She now stood imposingly straight before Sarah, her body all tensed up with vex. Her fists were now clenched tight, and a spark of flame was kindled and it faded with a smoke. Sarah noticed the spark, it was a warning sign for her but she simply neglected it.

"At least I care about them, I give them space rather than keep them to myself even though they're not comfortable." She said with confidence. "I do not force people."

That was the creator's final straw.

Felicia jolted forward and threw her fist into the wall beside Sarah. A loud thunderous bang echoed in the tight alley. It left a gaping hole inside the wall. Specks of dust, and pieces of brick fell feebly. The punch was just 5 inches away from Sarah's face. Felicia didn't take her hand off from the hole, she was hovering above Sarah, she looked her down in abhor.

Sarah felt a shock of horror, terror overtook her face and body. Her body lowered slightly, trying to make a distance between her and the rageful creator. She glanced at Felicia's arm and back to her eyes. 

"Know your place, I've known Naomi for centuries. And you? you just got here. You should be humbled, you reckless irresponsible being." She growled deeply.

Offended by her words, Sarah's horror flushed away and was replaced by boldness. "I am not your creation and I don't do what you told me, you egoistic creator." She spat.

Triggered by her intrepidity, Felicia clenched her jaw. Her mind was loaded with hate and disgust towards Sarah. "I could end you here like you don't even exist." Felicia threatened.

 Hearing those life-terrorizing words made Sarah let out a shocked gasp.

 "But Naomi will wonder." She whispered. "Too bad she gets along with you."

And with that, Felicia unleashed her, She tugged her arm away and wriggled to remove the remaining dust. Then, she walked away, with slow steps.

"You're terrible." Sarah muttered. She assumed that Felicia heard her as she stopped her walk. As the redhead turned her head around, Sarah's heart began to ascend, wondering what she was going to do. She should not have said it out loud for her to hear.

In response, Felicia let out a small sigh.

"I don't care what your first impression of me but mine to yours is just....."

"'A person who doesn't know their boundaries' whatsoever." She taunted.

After letting out those terrible thoughts, Felicia continued to walk away. Leaving the mage alone in the alley, with a gaping hole next to her. She looked at the damage, she reconsidered her actions, her behaviors. The insecure unworthy feeling had returned to her, as if the emotions knew that she was alone and it was the best time to be poured into her heart and mind.

"Asshole." The immortal telekinesis muttered.