35: Scent of-

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung kept quiet despite having a whole bunch of questions swirling inside his brain, like... what about Soobin and Yeonjun who were left behind in his house that was bathing in crimson? What about Hoseok, who would inform him? And what about those creatures... who were they? But he kept silent, too out of it to even notice the car already entering the clearance in the forest.

The stench of blood was now seeping inside his system, increasing his nausea, yet he controlled... he patiently waited for what was coming for him now. Jungkook... no, not Jungkook, but his alpha was now right beside him while Hyuna was driving at a great speed. Even when he wasn't a fan of high speed, he stayed rooted like a statue.

Was he afraid? He won't lie... he was because Jungkook's claws were still there, not those rough yet warm fingers that soothed him a few times. The fear was there, but the reason wasn't Jungkook... his wolf, his alpha was the reason who beheaded and made many wolves gutless in front of him that night when he ran away and...

"Sire, we are here." Hyuna's voice was small as she kept her head low while stopping the car at a distance from the small houses built there.

Taehyung gulped thickly, knowing well where they were now. Still, he had a little hope to have a good time here like last time, not like the nights weeks ago.

Jungkook left the car, his eyes still deep red, and just when he leaned a bit to look inside towards Taehyung, the latter found his body stiff. "Come out."

It wasn't a harsh command, not even close to being harsh, but Taehyung knew, the other was quite pissed for obvious reasons. Yeonjun once mentioned that the leader alpha of a pack always treasured his members dear to him like a family, and now when the two teenagers were so badly injured, he would definitely be in a sour mood.

Hyuna licked her lips when Taehyung spaced out instead of following, getting a bit afraid as well, but she let a breath of relief out when the human came back to his senses and slowly came out.

Jungkook hadn't shared a glance with his mate but walked straight, leaving Taehyung at the mercy of the young girl who was right at his back when he staggered lightly because of a stone.

The members of the pack were retiring to their house after a long day at fields and training grounds, but they had to halt when they all felt the presence of a human in their territory. Some of them recognised the person while others were still oblivious. 

Namjoon was present there as well when he noticed Jungkook's bloody claws and their Luna with stained clothes and appearance.

The leader was walking slowly until the gazes of his people made him stop in his track when he followed their gaze falling on someone right behind him, and he knew well who.

Taehyung felt very self-conscious at all the eyes directed at him, making him fidget as he tried to keep his pace fast having his head down but bumped into something that made him look up to only step back instantly. "Sorry."

Jungkook had his expression the same, not saying a single word, and Taehyung felt like he was on a thin string of fire, ready to fall into a pit of the unending saga of getting scared of those red pupils.

Namjoon called Jin just in case their Sire did something again to the poor boy but gaped in disbelief at the scene unfolding there.

Taehyung stopped his breath when those blood-stained claws took hold of his forearm, dragging him for the third time the same night, and in the second moment, he was standing beside the raven-haired.