CHAPTER 21 - Injured

Y/N immediately saw its huge claw about to swing in her direction, and without thinking she backed away, thinking Logan did too. However, still seeing him in his same position made her eyes grow wide. As she was going to help, in the blink of an eye, the phantom slashed its claw on the right side of his waist.

He then lets out an agonizing scream of pain, "AGH!"

In the end, Logan was the only one to get hurt while Y/N remained unharmed. Seeing this her eyes were filled with horror upon witnessing the large injury.

"Logan!!" The two girls exclaimed with worry, surprise seen on their faces as they saw him wounded.

He crouched down, his hand left hand gripping his waist tightly as he cried in pain while trying to conceal blood from slowly flowing out of his injury. As his glasses fell from his face tears uncontrollably streamed down as well as he felt immense pain, which then grew to an extreme level of intensity. Seeing him in this state triggered something within Y/N that caused her to quickly get back up on her feet. She then grabbed hold of the phantom wrist, squeezing it tightly out of anger while also keeping it in check. Regardless of its struggle, she didn't dare let go as she saw it continuing to try and break free from the three's hold. However, it would appear that the phantom was resisting quite a lot with even Aiden and Ashlyn seeming to have a hard time holding their end.

Luckily, it wasn't long before they all heard the other approaching. "Ashlyn!"

This caught Y/N and Ashlyn's attention, turning their heads they saw the others seen rushing to their aid with weapons in each of their hands-Taylor with a crowbar, Ben with a big pair of secateurs, and Tyler holding a wooden bat-like machete.

Urgency and relief were evident in the redhead expression of the other's arrival. 'Finally!' She thought before continuing with her role as leader. "Twins, grab the legs!" She ordered while looking at them individually, "Ben, you stab it!"

Without question, they all acted on their part given to them. The twins grabbed one of each part of its legs, holding them tightly to keep the phantom still. After which Ben then came into the seat, lifting the secateurs above the phantom, and with a quick motion stabbed it straight in the back of its chest. It coughed out a black substance, (presumably blood), and not long after its body began to tremble as it started to feel limp. The seat the phantom was clenching its grip on softened.

Once Y/N felt it go limp, she then slowly, yet cautiously, released her grip on the phantom as its hand fell lifeless. Thankful for it all to be over she sighed, relief and gratitude showed on her face for the other's help. Once they all settled down a bit, the twins and Y/N quickly checked on Logan. The others could see he was in pain, and yet she couldn't help but feel the most guilty. If she had reacted quickly enough to save him, then none of this would've happened.

Logan was seen back into the seat while his body curled up in the corner trembling with his head slightly facing the other way. Even so, he still kept a hold of his waist to try and ease the pain. Tyler then came forward, concern evident as he inched to his side.

"Hey dude, you alright? Can you move?"

Y/N turned her head at him, "I don't know... is he, CAN he?" She asked, looking at the tan boy with sarcasm as if he hadn't just asked the stupidest question.

The tan boy was about to comment back when suddenly Aiden's voice came from the seat behind Tyler and the H/C-hair girl, startling them which prompted the two to look back. "Yeah, we should probably hurry up and patch him up."

Once they turned their head they saw that his face splattered in the phantom's liquid. Upon seeing this sight, the eyes of Y/N grew wide, and within a couple of seconds grew terrified.