Chapter 22 - The Traveler Himself

"I don't know where to begin actually." Mocha said vaguely, keeping his head low.

Felicia's dark heart softened. The creator moved closer to him, her tough arm wrapped around his shoulders. She brought him near, her lips formed a natural smile. She rubbed the back of the werecat, soothing him.

"Maybe you can begin on how you can trespass my world." She pondered in her head but didn't speak it out.

Mocha looked up as he couldn't hide the blush spreading widely, his face was red as a ruby. He felt shy yet comforted by the sudden closeness. His eyes looked straight into her glowing gold eyes, finding it hard to pull them away. His tail swayed around vigorously behind him, his body beginning to warm up.

"You know, you can start with where you're from, your parents or friends. Or even some memorable adventures you have been through." Felicia suggested. "I might figure something out about this..." She said as she scratched his feline ear, resulting in Mocha purring at the sensation.

"Well, I don't remember much about my place..." Mocha said. He shook his head, avoiding more scratches from Felicia. He sloped his body to the side, somehow to avoid any remembering about his past.

Felicia was impatient, she needed to figure it out.

"I need at least something, Mocha. You're not immortal, no powers and all yet you're half cat and half human. Plus you can pass an immortal's barrier, didn't you at least curious about yourself?" Felicia asked, digging out pieces of information about him.

"I do..."

Felicia couldn't help but smirked at the answer.

"Tell me about your past, I may be able to figure it out." She said, rubbing his shoulder with her big hand. Mocha gave up, devasted. He leaned and rested his head on her chest.

"I only remembered my mother... her name was Evelyn... I got my eyes from her you know." He weakly chuckled.

Felicia hummed in response, still caressing him and listening carefully.

There he was, little Mocha. Enthusiasticly running and hiding with his kindergarten friends. Mocha had mastered the ways around the green forest, his friends would never beat him in hide and seek. His friends will yell his name, admitting their loss and bringing his win.

Mocha and his mother, Evelyn had to live in a cabin near a river, both couldn't afford a luxurious life. They had been grateful hence their stomachs weren't so full every night.

Every day he enjoyed his life as a 5-year-old. Going to kindergarten, learning and discovering new things. Satisfying his hunger for knowledge instead. He would rush home and tell his mother about the subject he learned at school, his mother listened dearly.

He was still able to feel joy even though lived in poverty.

Without knowing his father, his dear mother told him he left with dignity before he could see his son's face, Mocha strived the daily life with her mother alone. Evelyn would work so hard to protect his son, from being chased by evil people. The people called her a witch because she gave birth to a half-human and a half-cat, rumors would tall endlessly.

"Why do I have to wear this hat, mother?" Mocha asked, sickened of always having to wear the hat that covered his small feline ears wherever he went.

"It is for safety my dear, we don't want the world to know you're unique." His mother answered. Tenderly caressing her son's puffy cheeks. Her hazel eyes softened at his only son.

"So what's wrong with me being unique? Don't they like that?"

"They never understand your uniqueness, it's beyond their capabilities." With that, Mocha kept silent. He couldn't oppose his beloved mother's words.