being poetic and corny at the same time 101

Karthik only needed a few seconds to recover from the initial shock. He placed his palms on both sides of her waist, his warm skin on hers, and tugged her closer, coaxing a little gasp from her lips. Their bodies pressed against each other and both of Anjali's palms found home on his sturdy shoulders. "Karthik?" she whispered, her previous confidence becoming dust. Uncertainty kicked in.

"We are not done," he stated, shifting their bodies so Anjali was the one pressed up against the wall. One hand coiling around her waist and the other tilting her chin, he crashed his lips against hers. Anjali fit so right in his arms and smelled better than her cherry lip gloss. She tasted sweet and warm, like some love potion he couldn't get enough of.

Anjali's hand wandered. They dragged up his chest dangerously, pausing to spark a trail of fire before they moved. She gripped his arms, her nails digging into the skin as she parted her lips. Karthik couldn't hold himself back. He wanted more. More and more of her. Maybe it was because of his half-a-decade-long dry spell or because it was Anjali. Maybe because of both. He hadn't realised how horny he was.

Her hands closed around his neck and then slid back to tangle her fingers through his dark locks. When she tugged at the roots, he lost it.

Fuck.

Karthik pressed her closer, breaking away from her lips to sponge kisses along her jaw. He held her hair and tilted her head to the right so he could kiss her throat. Anjali shut her eyes and bit her lip.

"Karthik." It was something of a whimper and a moan. And it was the hottest thing he had heard. "More," she whispered, as he sucked on the skin beneath her collarbone.

"We should stop," Karthik said, nipping at her skin.

"Hmm."

"We should talk," he said. Anjali held his head close to her neck and nodded in response.

Karthik's hand slid down her back and grabbed her ass. He captured her lips just in time to swallow the little gasp that escaped her lips.

"Karthik," she whispered, suddenly getting restless. "If we don't stop now, we will be having sex here in a few minutes. Because I won't ask you to stop."

"Fuck, don't say things like that, Anjali," he said, his voice raspy.

She chuckled and stole a kiss from him. "As if I'm going to listen to you."

"You will," Karthik said, pulling away with a wink.

"You did not just wink at me!"

Karthik shrugged. "But I just did. Right after I left you a love bite."

Anjali slapped her palm on her neck and fumbled to get her phone camera to check. "That's going to bruise pretty hard," she said, scrunching her nose. A small shy smile crept up on her lips but she quickly hid it. But Karthik caught it.

"I look like a mess," she said, adjusting her blouse that had dropped low and framing her face with her black hair appropriately.

"No, you look beautiful."

"Like art?" she asked, glancing up from her phone with a smile.

"Art I made out of you."

Anjali's eyes rounded in shock, crimson creeping up her neck. "That's poetic and corny at the same time."

"That pretty much sums me up," Karthik said, sitting on the makeshift mattress.

Anjali took a seat next to him and began, "So, if it wasn't clear enough already, I have feelings for you."