Chapter 24 - Help Wanted

Months had passed, The creator's and The traveler's relationship had grown closer. The trust had been built, comfort had been laid and happiness was spreading. Their mutual respect had developed, they had been able to see from each other's perspective and understand.

Felicia finally retrieved her sense of humanity, learning how to feel and accept social interactions. She learned how to communicate and be open with the werecat without arguing, and she had the will to compromise.

The immortal loved to spend more time with Mocha, for she kept talking about herself and him being interested in her. Most talks had always been the topic about her, Mocha would never get bored or annoyed by it. Hence, the admiration only expanded greater.

Not to mention, Felicia had developed feelings for him. But she would not dare to let it out, confession was never her intention.

As she was afraid of rejection.

That one evening, Felicia had received a message. It came from none other than Sarah herself. She sat on her bed, scrutinizing the white letter. The message was straightforward but it wasn't specified for what she needed help with. Her brows snapped together, the thought of something misfortune incident happened to her made the creator do so.

Felicia pushed herself up from the bed. She walked out of her bedroom, heading her way to Mocha's. Her footsteps broke the silence as they hit on the vinyl plank floors. 

Felicia didn't bother to knock, for he didn't even close the door. From the doorway, she saw him sitting on the bean bag. A book cradled in his arms and his finger tucked inside to mark the place, his eyes fixed on the pages before him. He was so focused to the extent that he did not notice Felicia's presence.

Felicia cautiously pushed the door wide open, careful not to disturb the peaceful silence. She hesitated, feeling a twinge of guilt at the idea of interrupting such focused concentration. Though she was in a need to inform her about the letter, she did not want to intrude on his immersed reading session.

"Hey, Mocha?" Felicia called him. A genuine smile was spread on her face.

"Yeah?" Mocha answered, his feline ears jolted upward hearing her voice. His head shot up from the book, finally aware of her sight.

"Sarah had reached out to me, she said she needed some help.." Felicia told. She thought that Mocha would be fine staying alone for a while, she intended to tell him to stay.

"Oh? May I tag along with you?" Mocha asked, closing his book swiftly. His eyes now lit up with excitement.

Felicia was taken aback, she did not even finish her sentence yet he already insisted. Her eyes contracted with nervousness and worry, she rubbed her neck with her index finger. With the bright eyes and polite words escaped from his mouth, how could she refuse?

They both had warped to the west, where the hot sun had shimmered the day. It was a landscape of dry, dusty desert and rolling plains as far as their eye could see, with not a speck of green to be found.

As Felicia looked around at the barren landscape, she sensed a sense of desolation and emptiness. This environment, with nothing but the heat of the sun bearing down on her and the winds whistling in her ears, had made her uneasy. With the wind that brought dust of sand to her eye had added to her uncomfortableness.

"You two look cute holding hands like that." Said a voice in a teasing tone, it came from behind.

The pair turned around, only to see Sarah with her hood on. The yellowish sand particles had clung to the hem of her cloak, it looked like glitters on the blue fabric. Sweats had dripped from her chin, leading to the thought of her being here for a while. An exhausted smile was placed on her face. She rested her arms on her waist, her breathing was slow yet heavy.