CHAPTER 1

SERKAN-

I could hear some muffled voices around me. None of the voices were clear to me except for the ringing sound in my ears. I could see terrorists running around but my vision somehow started to get blurry. My eyelids felt heavy and suddenly I realised where I was.

I was laying on the sandy ground on my stomach, my rifle was laying next to me and pictures of the past few minutes came flooding back to my mind...

I tried to think clearly and focus about what happened a few minutes back.

F

lashback:

I told Engin that I would run further to the next cover... Meanwhile he and other soldiers would distract them...
I told them so that I could take down the one terrorist who we had to capture alive...
I hurried towards him...
His back was facing me and he was shooting some other soldier...
I tip-toed towards him...
I had ran out of bullets so I had no other option than to fight him with my knife...
I quickly gave him him a chokehold from behind without him noticing me...
He gasped and tried to break-free...
I tried to not to use my knife and take him down with my bare hands only...
After a few minutes of struggling, I finally pushed him to the ground, with me hovering above him...
My left hand was holding his right hand in which he was holding a knife and my right hand was on his neck...
Suddenly, he slashed my right arm with his knife...
I tried not to hurt him so I gave him a few hard punches on his face...
He said something to me, which I don't remember clearly...
Just then I heard some footsteps behind me... And then one gunshot...
My hold on him loosened and I rolled over to the side...
I was shot...
I looked up to see who it was and my eyes widened in shock...

I saw Kaan, one of my teammates under the Alpha force headed by me...
He was holding a pistol in his hand aimed at me...
I felt pain in my left shoulder and I saw blood gushing out of my wound...
He had shot me in the shoulder...
Their head who was under my arms few moments ago stood up and ordered kaan to run away with him...
I tried lifting my arm up but it was of no use... I was helpless...
I thought he would shoot me right at the moment, but to my surprise he didn't... His face showed no emotions and just like that he walked away...

I came back to reality.

I just couldn't believe that Kaan could have betrayed us for those fuckers. Suddenly I saw Engin standing there in front of my eyes. He didn't notice me so tried to stand up but I forgot that I was shot a bullet in my shoulder and my right arm had a deep cut. I fell back on the ground. I tried to call him by shouting his name as he was standing afar from me. Thankfully, he heard and came running towards me. He supported me in standing up and we both walked towards the bunker.

I sat on the chair and tried to regain my composure but I was feeling extremely dizzy, my eyelids were heavy. Soon enough, blackness covered my vision and I fainted. The last thing I remember was Engin shouting to call for a stretcher.

***

I opened my eyes...
My whole body felt numb and a shooting pain in my shoulder caused me to wince. I was lying down on a very uncomfortable surface. Although the place where I was was dimly lit, but eyes took time to adjust to the lighting. Then I realised that I was in our force's chopper.I looked to my right and I saw something which made my breath hitch in my throat.

My eyes were met by the most beautiful pair of Brown eyes I have ever seen. A beautiful woman was sitting beside me and she was bandaging my right arm which had a deep cut by the knife. She looked at me for a second and I swear for a moment, I saw a slight smile on her mouth. She again went back to her work. I examined her carefully and she was none other than Eda Yildiz herself. I don't know how I even remeber her name. Her face was so calm and composed. She was breathtakingly beautiful. My mouth opened in awe. She has this effect on me everytime I see her. Then I realised how stupid I must have been looking drooling over a woman being a captain in the special forces. Any other person would have freaked out in between so many wounded soldiers and that too in an army chopper. But then of course, she was an Army nurse, she was trained for this only.
She was so concentrated on treating my wound that she didn't notice that I was awake. I was never attracted to anyone like this before. Although we have met before but I don't think she remebers me well because during this whole time, she did look up at me but her face showed no signs of recognition. To be honest, the way she looked at me was kind of intimidating. I am never intimidated by anyone, my army training has made me rough.

After she was done with the Bandages, she handed me some pills and and a glass of water and said,

"Sir, please have these pills, they will help reduce the pain"

I was so engrossed in watching her that I didn't even hear what she said.

She must have noticed so she repeated again in her sweet, soothing voice, a little louder this time,

"Sir please have these pills"

I immedietly grabbed those as the pain was too much. I gulped the medicines down and handed her the glass. I could have kept it myself but my shoulder was restricting any movement. She took the glass and placed it beside. After that she stood up and moved towards other injured soldiers.

I called Engin and Enquired him about the status of the mission as I don't remember much of the details.
He didn't tell me anything and told me to rest first.
He would fill me in with the details later.

The drugs took over and I immedietly went to sleep with a thought of meeting those same pretty eyes again...

End of Chapter 1

Yo guys!!
I hope I didn't take long to post the first chapter of my story...
Well I was really excited while writing it and now I m going to publish it. Hope you all will like it.

Pls don't forget to Vote comment and share :)

Thanks.