23: Impromptu Dinner

Aryaman drove both of them to a restaurant knowing that she would be extremely tired to cook herself dinner after what they just did and would instead eat processed foods which aren't healthy.

"Umm...Maan, my panties" She asked before getting down of the car as he parked in the five-star restaurant.

"Have dinner first then I'll return it to you" He said smugly.

"You want me to come eat with you like this" Her eyes widened in shock. He nodded his head and stepped out. She sat in the car unsure of his move. He opened her side of the door and looked at her to come out. She shook her head.

"Its not that serious Maitri. It feels weird right now but after a few minutes it'll be fine. Trust me?" He held her hand securely and helped her get down. He held her tightly at his arm, sharing his warmth with her, telling her that she was safe with him. He pulled a chair out for her making her smile. She kept pulling her frock down and looked rather uncomfortable. To keep her from thinking that, he thought to keep her busy.

"So Maitri, how many crushes have you had so far?" He asked taking his seat right opposite to her. He made himself comfortable on the chair and looked at her with a smile. Maitri who's attention was completely focused on the delicious aroma of the food looked at him confused. He shook his head and repeated the question as the waiter came with the menus.

"Give us 15 minutes" He asked the waiter time and opened the menu and she did the same.

"I've had many crushes. I change them like clothes, new for each day. I've got a pretty good reason for that too: When you see beauty you appreciate it." She said placing her menu down and looking at him excitedly. 

"Who's the flavor of the day then?" He asked flickering his eyes between her and the menu with a smile.

"You" She winked at him mischievously making him shake his head at her.

"What about you? How many have you had?" She asked pulling her chair closer to the table. He sat in silence going through the menu until she spoke.

"Not many, just on celebrities mostly" He placed the menu down and answered her.

"You've chosen what you want?" He asked seeing that she was in no mood to pick dinner.

"Nahh, pick for me please" She leaned back onto the chair and said tiredly.

"Hakka noodles works?" He asked looking over the menu again. Seeing the bright face and her both thumbs up he got the point that she was fine with it.

"Which one remained for the longest time?" She asked curious about his tastes.

"Mädchen Amick and probably even Jennifer Connelly" He said as the waiter came to take their orders. Maitri's expression from excitement suddenly changed into something undecipherable. Due to being engaged in giving the food order, Aryaman didn't see the change in expression. Aryaman ordered for a glass of French red wine and asked Maitri if she wanted anything to drink which she politely declined and sat waiting for food.

Aryaman took a sip of his red wine and let it consume each corner of his mouth before swallowing it. Making an impressed face he pushed it towards her for her to try.

"I don't drink because I don't like the taste" She crossed her arms and quickly explained it to him the reason of not drinking.

"As you say" He took it back and sipped on it again. Maitri watched the way his adam's apple bobbled up and down as the wine made its way through his throat. She looked at him in whole, taking in every detail of him, from the way his hands flexed, and his one eyebrow rose so subtly that it would be almost impossible to know that he was judging someone. To naked eyes he would simply look like an observer but as you move closer he looked like a predator waiting for the right time.