37: Serene

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Jimin was pacing back and forth, his heart palpitation going up to the sky at the silence he was facing after a while, Taehyung was left inside the room.

"You shouldn't have left him!" Yoongi sighed tiredly, rubbing his neck at the shout of his mate.

"Taehyung told us to leave. And you went to him yourself, minie."

Hearing the bitter truth, Jimin took a deep breath and slumped down on the ground. His heart was restless. Maybe it was the guilt for asking Taehyung to go there when deep down he was well aware of what could have happened inside. Gulping thickly, he nodded his head, which felt so heavy now.

"Taehyung will be fine, Minie. The glint in his eyes said it all."

Maybe, just maybe... those words were a bit like a drop of water on the scorching land of his heart for now.

••••••••••••

The night has turned into a blooming day with very pleasant weather, making birds chirp in great joy. The soft smell of freshly watered soil lingered in the air with the flowers swaying in the softest waves of wind.

Feeling as if his body was so light under the effects, the male groaned in pleasure at the sweet smell close to his nose and turned on his side to hug the source. His heart tingled inside... his body underwent goosebumps when a strange feeling of fullness embedded his whole frame.

Snuggling close to the source, the werewolf softly hummed and took a greedy whiff of the calming scent, the same scent that was his favorite for some weeks and will stay the same for the rest of his life... the scent he felt greedy to bathe in for the whole time and the same scent he did bathe the last night -

Sitting up with wide eyes when the realization dawned upon him like a rush of waves, he felt his eyes falling to the side, body shivering at the worst scenario building up in his mind because yes... his wolf took over, but unlike the last times, he did have a few fragments of what actually happened.

The heart that swelled in warmth suddenly dropped the moment he found Taehyung lying there...

Stark naked!

"Oh no!"

Horror-struck eyes stayed glued to the freshly made mark on the tan skin of his mate... his poor mate who looked kind of pale but peaceful too.?

"Tae?" The tongue in his mouth was dry... his throat was parched, and his heart was drowning because the male was out cold.

Taking a staggering breath, Jungkook scooted closer to the human. It looked pathetic the way his hand was shaking so badly when it came in contact with Taehyung's burning skin, but his heart sank more when the human leaned to his touch.

Retracting his hand as if burned, Jungkook got up from the bed to find himself naked as well, a few scratches decorating his torso, which he didn't mind at all and rushed to the bathroom to get himself a towel dipped in water only to rush back to clean Taehyung all while trying his best to stop his tears.

It looked like Taehyung wasn't handled in a brutal way, judging from his body, but Jungkook knew better about his wolf and the thirst he had over the past days during that stupid rut.

Once done cleaning the sleeping man, he rushed to get some comfortable clothes and soon, Taehyung was back in his warm place, all clean and cladded in warm clothes.