In The Clear

─── ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ───

 ❝ ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET?
ARE WE IN THE CLEAR YET? ❞ 

 ❝ ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET? ARE WE IN THE CLEAR YET? ❞ 

The world of pure-blood families was a vicious one. One wrong move and you were thrown to the wolves, discarded as a traitor, as scum, a mere stain on a boot. You were nothing. And that terrified Kalia.

Ever since she was a child, it was drilled into her day and night that she had to be a good wife, a good daughter, a good pure-blood. One wrong move and she was punished. One wrong step and she was shoved back in line. There was no room for errors. Only perfection.

Except when she was with Emmeline - Kalia's aunt. Emmeline - was different. She was kind. While her mother forced her to be perfect, Emmeline let her be messy. She taught her the ways of being an animagi and together, as creatures, they would run through the woods and roll around in muddy fields. Whenever Kalia was given time with Emmeline, it was a blessing.

But reality sunk in when Kalia turned 11 and Hogwarts called for her. She had long hoped to go to Hogwarts but her freedom was gone the second she was sorted into Slytherin. There was no playing in fields, no stepping out of line. Perfection was the only option.

But she was careful, Kalia still wanted to have her fun so a few nights a month, she would sneak into the Forbidden Forest and run and jump and play because nobody could judge her if she was completely alone.

However, as seventh year came ever closer, Kalia knew that she couldn't sneak out anymore. She had to get her head down and make it through the year, to make her family proud. Grades were important, intelligence made her wanted and she needed to find a husband before she was too old. Kalia had never really wanted to marry but she knew she had no choice.