Chapter 27 - First Assumptions

"Slay the beast! Your Majesty!" One of the men shouted, motivating the creator who sliced the skins of the monster. She leaped around, flashing incisions of fire from her burning axe.

The creator brought her massive axe forward, commenced on her ultimate move.

With a quick, decisive lunge, she aimed her attack at the corrupt creature's vulnerable neck, bringing about its demise as it was reduced to a lifeless corpse of its scorpion-like form. Once its inky heart stopped beating, the remains disintegrated into mere remnants, vanishing into the ether like an ephemeral cloud, leaving in its wake a fine trail of violet-hue smoke that blended with coarse sand fragments.

Felicia landed on her feet with grace, her white jacket billowed from her shoulder. The crowds that loomed over the city hailed and clapped for her victory. Streets swarmed with people in an appropriate perimeter from the battle, shone with the shining lights of the building and sparkling lamp of an active metropolis.

The honored creator rose from her feet to her full height, face filled with pride as she raised her impressive axe directly upwards, a triumphant gesture as the fire extinguished the axe without burning marks or ashes. The crowd once again cheered and hailed her name.

In a city where the creator felt like she belonged, she was assigned a duty to slaughter a scorpion-type monster in the busy luxurious vicinity. Together with the 4 comrades that the authorities deemed worthy of accompanying her on this mission as allies.

In a packed full of people city, It has been reported a pack of corrupted werewolves attacked the capital. It was due to corrupted mortals and corrupted immortals who were spreading the dark emphasis everywhere like a virus. It appeared that Felicia was worthy and brave enough, who was capable of settling the matter before it expanded like a disease in no time.

Along the 4 immortal tag along was Danial himself. He was in charge of settling the perimeter of the barrier, a wall to avoid the mortals getting hurt while Felicia massacred the hideous arachnids grotesques.

The creator ordered the rest to be the guardians of the city of mortals, their duty was to safeguard the inhabitants from the forces of evil. Only Felicia slaughtered the monsters to extinction by herself, alone.

The city was now disinfected from the dark emphasis, the urban people called them 'heroes'.

Felicia packed her things up, and they all hid in the dark ally lightened by neon signs of shops. The 4 immortals talked about their days, Felicia did not bother to join for she had not even been close to them. Despite her supreme authority in the hierarchy of the immortal society and impeccable ability in combat at a very early stage in her bestowed power, she tended to avoid social interaction with other immortals.

Even so, she had an eye on Danial, who seemed a high-ranked immortal and he was just below her. On the first impression of Danial Wilfred, she seemed to find him intimidating, with his tall figure and stern rest face. The formal black coat that he buttoned firmly, the long tailcoat billowed around his feet when he used his magic, his sorcery. The neat combed black hair and sparkling emerald eyes added to his stoic demeanor.

As much as she would love to have a talk with him, she could not bring herself to do so as she was afraid a guy like him would easily bring her down. His appearance was quite striking, and he could steal the center of attention, with everyone looking to him as the ultimate authority figure with glances only. Although he was not really an authorized class, he was just taking orders from the headquarters just like Felicia.

She was afraid he'd be just like other men.

People had told her, that Danial was not as it seemed, he was thoughtful and funny once people got to know him. His greater love for animals, cats especially had proven he was soft inside. Felicia knew herself well enough to know that she was not the social type, and she decided to let it slide for the sake of avoiding any unnecessary conflicts.

"Felicity! Do you wanna tag along!" Shouted her comrade, Natalia.

Felicia looked at them, she accidentally made eye contact with Danial's green one. A tinge of anxiousness insinuated itself into her psyche as she experienced a distinct sense of awkwardness.

"Uh..I-"

"Danial here is quite friendly, And his interest is quite the same as yours! Don't cha think?" Natalia expressed.

"Oh?" Stunned by the statement, she sauntered to them. Felicia, unfazed by any sign of trepidation, faced Daniel in a fearless manner without anticipation. "What interests?"

Soon, Danial spoke about his interests, and it all aligned with the creator herself. She failed to take notice of the smile gradually edging upwards in the corners of her mouth as she was too occupied talking to him. She enjoyed her agreeing to every utterance that Danial said, for she could relate to it much.

"It seemed like you guys get along pretty well!" Another comrade of Danial spoke.

"Well, I've been meaning to talk to Felicia. But she looks quite intimidating and scary.." Danial said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Me? Scary?" Felicia thought, the golden eyes widened. 

My assumptions are wrong... this man is different from any guy...

"Well, I just don't know how to... Talk.. to new people.. I've never meant to be scary..." It was her turn to rub her neck timorously. With a newfound perspective, Felicia realized that getting along with others was not as difficult as she previously believed, and likely the result of her overthinking.

As she talked to him, she felt a sense of warmth spreading through her, making her feel more relaxed and comfortable in his presence

"I know. most people are... but I felt like you don't like people because you know, you just walk around with a straight face, like spreading your prevailing vibes." Danial said while he tried to act like Felicia walked.

"How is that so?" Wondered the mighty creator as she tilted her head, her red hair swayed within her movement.

Felicia had a masculine appearance while walking, as she tended to walk with more confidence and command in her step, which made her appear more masculine. Rather than a feminine style of walking with grace and sophistication. She walked with long steps with her long legs and was very fast-paced, her hands swung stiffly, and her shoulders and arms flexed her muscles.

Some people could not keep up with her walking as she was moving too fast in a relaxed manner.

Danial mimicked and it looked like a wobbly monkey swinging back and forth instead. Felicia found the mimicry so humorous that it was impossible for her to keep from laughing out loud. Felicia's shoulders would shake with mirth as she enjoyed the humor, causing them to move in a comical up and down motion.

"No?~ I don't think I walk like that?~" She said, Her eyebrows lifted playfully as she delivered a teasing remark towards her new companion. Her smirk was like a beacon of confidence, and she showed off her fangs. Her hand rested on her waist in a casual and unbothered manner, as if she felt like she was in complete control of her surroundings

"No I meant like, No but I'm just- I was trying to explain,- I mean c'monnn," Danial said, stuttering. His attempts at explanation were playful, and his hand moved around casually as if he were painting a picture with his words.

"It's alright. Nice try to mimic my style of walking though." She smirked.

Felicia felt a hint of confidence and happiness being with Danial. And Danial was quite the opposite of his own appearance. He had this quirky and goofy side that he only showed to people that he trusted and was comfortable with. Felicia used to witness the wackiest things he had done that no one expected Danial to do, they would not even believe if Danial could do such random and outlandish things.

Danial's actions and attitude were in harmony with Felicia's. They have been along since on that day, just after slaughtering some scorpions. The first-ranked Creator and the second-ranked Sorcerer got along just fine, their bond was like brother and sister.

Danial was like an older brother to Felicia. She cherished him nonetheless.